Email Marketing Manager
As the Email Marketing Manager you will play a lead role in evolving and expanding CarGurus’ communication strategy to increase repeat traffic and long term customer engagement. The successful candidate will be customer-focused almost to a fault, with a passion for bringing together insights, creativity and innovation to make the CarGurus user experience more “sticky” and valuable for consumers.
- Provide thought leadership to optimize and expand CarGurus' email marketing programs with an eye towards increasing activation, engagement and conversion volume from our subscribers.
- Optimize existing customer communications and conceptualize, test and optimize new programs to better engage our customers and to introduce and drive engagement with new site features as they are developed.
- Partner actively with our product and engineering team to increase subscriber acquisition and to test, measure and optimize new retention-focused email marketing efforts
- Build programs to increase the percentage of visitors who participate in the CarGurus community by contributing user-generated content.
- Work cross-functionally to create or package highly compelling data, editorial content or offers to deepen CarGurus’ relationship with consumers.
- Contribute significantly to making CarGurus the brand of choice for consumers’ car shopping needs, driving measurable growth in repeat traffic to the site.
- Develop, monitor and optimize Customer Retention KPIs
- Play a leadership role in evolving our email marketing capabilities and making buy vs build trade offs to gain desired functionality
- 5+ years of comparable marketing management experience.
- Strong familiarity with email marketing best practices.
- Superior analytic skills and expertise in using data to identify opportunities and measure the success of your programs.
- Customer-first mindset – you’re always looking for creative and innovative ways to make the experience better, easier, and more rewarding for consumers.
- Strong test-and-learn mentality to get ideas to market quickly and iteratively build on those that show promise.
- Experience with in-house and/or third party email marketing platforms; experience defining requirements and choosing/implementing a platform preferred
- Must be a strong team player that works well in collaborative situations and is comfortable working closely with/through engineering.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
- BS/BA from a top school required; MBA a plus.
Back to top