Director of SEM Sales
The Director of SEM Sales is responsible directing and executing the strategy to drive significant new revenue for the company by selling our newest product offering: Search Engine Marketing (SEM) for dealerships. The most requested new product development from our customer base, the SEM product will be built from the leadership position CarGurus has attained in this arena for its own site, the #1 auto shopping site in the U.S. Clients have requested CarGurus to build the same results-driven offering for their dealerships.
The Director of New Product Sales will hire, train, coach and develop a team of industry-leading sales representatives, to drive significant new revenues for the company. This team will drive the sale from initial engagement through contract & close, primarily from an outbound sales effort. The team will also be responsible for managing accounts through on-boarding, growth and satisfaction. The Director will be responsible for setting the strategic direction of the group and developing tactics to ensure efficient and effective implementation.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a fast-paced sales environment with relatively short sales cycles and high-growth expectations. Experience in selling search marketing products is a critical asset to success. This is an opportunity for a highly-motivated individual who would like to build a new business from scratch, to make a significant impact on company financial performance.
- Recruit and manage a team of inside sales representatives
- Manage through metrics: both for reporting business results and directing coaching and training efforts
- Drive the creation of the strategic annual sales plan
- Implement optimal organization, process, and tactics to maximize close rates and revenue from each salesperson’s book of business
- Work cross-functionally with product management, development, marketing and finance organizations to develop operational and strategic business priorities
- Effectively communicate, formally and informally, with company senior management to define strategy, workplans and results of new product initiative
- Effectively and efficiently handle all aspects of sales management administration (forecasting, territory reviews, etc.)
- Comfort with rolling out and reinforcing both sales process and sales methodology across the team
- Administer a repeatable daily/weekly/monthly management and selling cadence
- Exceptional in understanding how to motivate an inside sales team and achieve a consistent level of intensity and focus, each day
- Focus on the ongoing career development of direct reports to help get them ready for larger challenges and future responsibilities
- BA/BS and/or Graduate degree; MBA preferred
- 7+ years of managing a complex, fast-growing inside sales organization (10+ people, $20m+ in revenue)
- Track record of success and achievement in Sales and account management results
- Experience selling Search Marketing software-as-a-service
- Effective user of technology tools, including CRM, to improve sales performance
- Ambitious sales leader committed to the success of his/her team; motivator of large teams of salespeople
- Entrepreneurial developer of new businesses
Meet Some of Cargurus's Employees
VP Of Dealer/OEM Solutions
Kyle manages display ad revenue, sales and billing operations, dealer features, and inventory systems. In every aspect of his job, the core is collecting data to guide CarGurus in the right direction.
Back to top