Director of Acquisition Marketing
100s of millions of key words. Bids auto-optimized nightly by machine learning enabled algorithms. Highly skilled engineers and data scientists that make it all happen at scale. if this context excites you and you see a clear path to how you would add value to this type of team, keep reading.
As Director of Acquisition Marketing you will be the business lead for delivering on CarGurus’ aggressive goals for traffic growth and efficiency. In this capacity, you will partner with a talented team of engineers and data scientists in our Algorithmic Traffic Acquisition team to continually grow and optimize the efficiency of our paid traffic acquisition efforts. Reporting to the SVP of Consumer Marketing You will also serve as the business champion in optimizing the ROI on those traffic acquisition efforts, developing a deep understanding of the consumer actions of highest value to the business and championing projects spanning traffic acquisition and customer experience to connect the right audience with the right dealers to drive business growth.
- Monitor CarGurus’ overall traffic/lead volume and mix vs goals; partner cross-functionally with product, engineering sales and finance to identify and proactively address opportunities and risks.
- Partner with a highly-skilled and deeply analytical Algorithmic Traffic Acquisition team to:
- Set annual and quarterly goals, KPIS and roadmaps.
- Measure results and communicate relevant implications to the executive leadership team.
- Drive ongoing analyses to surface new segmentation strategies to increase our bidding efficiency.
- Prioritize testing and optimization of new and existing performance-marketing channels to drive scale & efficiency.
- Evolve our multichannel attribution to incorporate non-programmatic channels and analyze/optimize our future allocation of spend across stages of the acquisition funnel.
- Develop a strong understanding of the interaction between our brand and performance marketing channels to inform optimization of our overall media mix.
- Lead strategy for new audience/new channel targeting and non-programmatic proof-of-concept testing. Partner to migrate winners to programmatic bidding where appropriate.
- Partner with other areas of consumer marketing to deliver top-notch messaging and creative for programmatic marketing campaigns.
- Identify and advocate for site-based projects that will improve the ROI of our investments such as landing page optimizations, new site features and/or business policies required to generate greater lead volume for our highest value business partners.
- BA/BS from a top tier school required; MBA or MS in a highly analytical field strongly preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in digital performance marketing, management consulting, product management or related fields.
- Exceptional quantitative analytic skills that have been applied effectively to solve real world business problems.
- Exposure to big data and/or machine learning preferred.
- Strong familiarity with digital marketing channels and an innate curiosity to keep up with new marketing trends.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a strong team player that works well in collaborative situations.
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
Meet Some of CarGurus's Employees
Senior Software Architect
Charbel is responsible for the user interface on the CarGurus site so that any customer can easily navigate and find what they’re looking for in their car search.
Back to top