Director, International Business Development
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The Director of International Business Development will be responsible for the expansion of CarGurus into new markets. This individual will have full responsibility for creating the overall strategic, market development and operational plans, partnering with internal Sales, Engineering, Product and Marketing teams to expand the growth of CarGurus business into new country markets.
The leader will also be responsible for establishing commercial relationships with third party organizations and assessing the opportunity for strategic partnerships. For a self-starting entrepreneur, experienced in strategic and operational planning, with global vision, this is a once-in-a-career opportunity.
What You'll Do:
- Develop, lead, and manage various partnerships critical to CarGurus strategic objectives
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with vendors, partners and other third parties
- Work cross-functionally to launch, scale and optimize products and/or partnerships
- Conduct data driven analysis to support and promote value-added business decisions
- Set, track and analyze key performance indicators—presenting actionable insights and recommendations that drive towards the best possible outcome
- Build influential relationships with people and companies throughout the automotive and technology industries
- Solve (often) undefined or abstract tactical or strategic challenges
- Contribute to achievement of dynamic business development team goals
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of professional experience, with 2+ years of business or corporate development, management consulting or investment banking experience
- Bachelor’s degree required—MBA a plus
- Track-record of outstanding academic and professional achievement
- Strategic mindset with a history of developing impactful ideas
- Self-motivated, well-organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent analytical skillset—able to translate quantitative and qualitative inputs into actionable strategic direction
- Capable of effectively tracking and reporting on project goals, progress and results
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- High degree of professional and personal integrity
- Comfort working in a dynamic environment
- Willingness to travel internationally
- Great presentation skills
- Multi lingual speaker, specially desired German, Spanish, Italian, and French
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Meet Some of CarGurus's Employees
Director of Dealer Relations
As Director of Dealer Relations, Mike helms the team that grows CarGurus’ customer base, while driving revenue growth, mitigating churn and revenue compression, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Back to top