Desktop Support Engineer
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
Do you like a challenge and solving puzzles? Are you good at thinking on your feet? Are you a self-starter who is comfortable in taking the initiative? Most importantly: do you like the idea of being a customer’s hero?
CarGurus is hiring a Desktop Support Engineer to join our international IT Team. We are looking for an individual that enjoys helping others and will contribute to our expansion in London. Your ability to be creative and have the initiative to improve processes will be a great part of your success. Your audience will be wildly varied from C level executives, to engineers, to our sales team. One’s ability to collaborate and work efficiently is central to the IT Team’s culture.
If this sounds exciting, then we want you!
What You’ll Do:
- Provide day to day desktop support to local and remote users
- Set up new hire desktops; involving everything from procurement to support
- Be responsible for trouble shooting and escalations
- Handle adds, moves and changes within the corporate infrastructure
- Monitor technology trends and makes recommendations on incorporating new technology into the company’s existing platforms
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance and future planning needs of the company’s desktop environment
- Collaborate with existing vendors to evaluate the new technology that is available and make recommendations to management on using that technology
- Monitor the performance of the company’s desktop infrastructure and make suggestions for improving efficiency
- Evaluate applications and software patches for desktop applications to see if they will solve desktop issues
Who You Are:
- Must have one or more of the following
- Associates’ Degree in MIS or similar field and 2+ years of experience
- Certificate programs focusing in desktop support and 2+ years of experience
- 4+ years’ desktop engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience supporting MACs (OSX) and some experience with PCs (Windows and/or Linux) in an enterprise environment
- JAMF/Casper Skills a BIG plus
- VoIP skills a BIG plus
- Basic configuration of laptops, peripherals and smart devices
- A/V and video conferencing systems for conference rooms and meeting spaces.
- Ticketing system knowledge
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Back to top