CarGurus is hiring a Data Scientist to join our vastly growing team. As a Data Scientist, the goal is to extract insights from voluminous amounts of data and set the strategic course for online bidding. We are looking for entrepreneurial Data Scientists who can help continue to capture and retain unique visitors to our site from online search and social media platforms. The general problems to solve are unconstrained; we are tasked with spending a large budget as efficiently as we can. How we achieve that is up to us.
What You’ll Do:
- Clean and analyze data, and design and implement data science or machine learning solutions.
- Aid the engineers who will implement your solutions in production.
- Communicate your solutions to both a technical and a lay audience. E.g., What is it, how does it solve the problem, why is it reasonable, what could go wrong?
- Estimate the long-term conversion rate of each of hundreds of millions of keywords, combinations of demographics, and other forms of targeting.
- Analyze searches entered online and site activity to find new keywords and negative keywords.
- For any given monthly spend target and measure of efficiency (e.g., CPL, ROI), estimate the efficiency metric which will result in the target spend.
- Measure the impact of television and radio advertising on online advertising.
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Scientist
- Experience working with datasets, and strong interest in deep data analysis – with a desire to investigate large amounts of Data and generate insights
- Practical experience with data science in Python.
- Practical experience with data science in R is a bonus.
- Deep understanding of numbers with strong business sense
- Understanding of the following principles:
- Time Series
- Classification Algorithms
- Recommender Systems
- Feature Engineering
- Data Manipulation & Cleaning
- A/B Testing and Experimental Design
- Advanced academic degree (or relevant experience in one of the following):
- Computer Science (ideally with a focus on machine learning)
- Any quantitative field which makes use of advanced statistical or machine learning techniques `
Meet Some of CarGurus's Employees
Senior Software Architect
Charbel is responsible for the user interface on the CarGurus site so that any customer can easily navigate and find what they’re looking for in their car search.
Back to top