Customer Success Partner Specialist
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
The Customer Success Partner Specialist will work alongside the account managers, marketing, and support teams as an additional resource to help existing CarGurus dealer clients see their greatest results from our partnership. The ideal candidate will be able to identify opportunities for engagement; be flexible and dynamic on how to best support clients; and have a passion for helping clients learn the tools and techniques to help deliver even better value from their CarGurus relationship.
Since this role will not have a play book, to be successful in this role you’ll need be comfortable diving into conversations with dealers to understand their current use of the CarGurus tools and resources and then developing a plan to further leverage those tools. As an overlay to dedicated Account Managers and other internal resources, you’ll need to excel at collaboration and communication both with dealer clients and internal partners. Whether with an account for a day, a week, or months, you will take on the challenge of catering your approach to that specific dealer’s needs and developing a plan on how to make a meaningful impact in a short amount of time.
Candidates must have excellent presentation, analytic, and problem-solving skills. Additionally, candidates should expect to be held accountable for results (as measured by more engaged, happy, retained, and growing customers) and take pride in their achievements.
What you’ll do:
- Engage dealer-partners to help them see improved success through better engagement with our tools and shoppers.
- Be a valued partner for both dealer clients and internal stakeholders through exceptional communication, collaboration, and a passion for connecting with clients in a way that reinforces partnership both internally and externally
- You’ll be responsible for identifying, strategizing a plan of action, and prioritizing the best opportunities and approach for engaging with clients to maximize the return on this role’s supplemental efforts in supporting dealers
- Show exceptional ability to react to unforeseen challenges and obstacles in a way that resolves challenges and ultimately reinforces client relationship in the long term
- Be diligent about the use of CarGurus internal tools and processes to document activities, learnings, customer feedback, and support the collaborative team-support approach with our clients
- Leverage a thorough understanding of the automotive sales industry and a strong empathy for dealers in a way that is genuine in our desire to help dealers see CarGurus as their most trusted and valued technology partner
Who you are:
- 2+ years Account Management or related experience managing high growth in a dynamic environment
- Strong ability to work autonomously and creatively to recommend solutions and approach as required by specific customer needs
- Ideal candidate embraces proven approaches to success but is equally comfortable in undefined dynamic customer engagement which requires a willingness to identifying, understanding, and developing solutions specific to that customer
- Proven track record of consultative approach including: problem solving, solution development, presenting to clients, execution of plan, and value reinforcement
- Passion for customer experience demonstrated by the ability to empathize with customer's needs and tailor solutions to address those needs
- Extensive knowledge of Automotive Dealer landscape and business challenges is required and with actual on-site experience being a significant plus
- Must be a coachable, open-minded learner and team player who embraces collaboration and over-communicates to both internal stakeholders and customers at each stage of the process
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Meet Some of CarGurus's Employees
Kim M.Product Manager
Kim works with the car dealership side of the business, ensuring CarGurus’ products provide the dealerships with everything they need.
Back to top