Client Partner - Los Angeles, CA
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for career-oriented Account Executives who are searching for rapid growth and career advancement on the CarGurus Advertising Sales team in Los Angeles. The successful candidate will be representing CarGurus in the field, and will be highly organized; will have a self-starter attitude with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, exceptional communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Our Account Executives will have the unique opportunity to be the first to sell CarGurus high quality content and targeting to Fortune 100 brands.
What You'll Do:
- Work with major accounts and their advertising agencies, with a focus on OEM’s
- Articulate CarGurus overall business objectives and value proposition to the local ad community
- Prospect, cultivate, negotiate and close display ad deals
- Develop account strategies to drive long term revenue growth
- Demonstrate persistence, tenacity, ability to overcome obstacles, and handle objections
- Develop and cultivate deep relationships at all levels from CEO/CMO to Brand Managers to Media Buyers
- Consistently meet or exceed assigned meeting quota and other sales performance objectives
- Log all sales activity completely and accurately in Salesforce.com
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5+ years Tier 1 media sales experience and/or Tier 1 in-market automotive media experience at an agency
- 5+ years experience selling to Tier 1 automotive advertisers and Tier 1 in-market agency teams
- Understand the mobile landscape and provide a true consultative sales approach
- Develop strong prioritization and time management skills
- Effectively conduct sales presentations over the phone
- A burning desire to succeed in advertising sales
- The ability to write succinct, crisp emails and a great phone presence
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Salesforce.com experience a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Meet Some of CarGurus's Employees
Senior Software Architect
Charbel is responsible for the user interface on the CarGurus site so that any customer can easily navigate and find what they’re looking for in their car search.
Back to top