Business Intelligence Analyst
The Business Analyst will be part of the CarGurus Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team with a focus on analysis and reporting. Primary day-to-day responsibilities will require digging into the data and performing analyses that support decisions that are immediately impactful. You'll have the opportunity to work alongside leadership teams in Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Finance, and Product.
This role requires a balanced focus on growth, innovation, operations and process improvement, with a unique focus on data analytics. Effectively translating data insights into proposed clear, logical, and motivating actions to present to senior leaders. Success in this role requires an analytical mindset, curiosity, and a love of solving data problems and learning new things.
The ideal candidate will have experience in an entrepreneurial, fast-growing software company, and has experience with reporting aggregation from multiple data sources. The candidate is a collaborative problem solver who looks to find high-leverage areas of the business to use data to drive improved business outcomes.
- Support internal business leaders with weekly, monthly and quarterly operational metrics and financial reporting package
- Identify and analyze trends in recurring packages and highlight problems to address or opportunities to investigate
- Analyze existing and potential market opportunity to enable decisions on sales strategy
- Perform analysis regarding the company’s financial performance
- Work directly with functional VPs, Directors, and other senior management providing specialized support for decision-making processes
- Collaborate with operations teams on data integrity and process improvements
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, ideally working in corporate strategy, operations or FP&A supporting functional business leaders
- Experience in designing and executing SQL queries is essential
- Advanced Excel skills are critical for strategic planning and operational modeling
- A degree in an analytical field (for example Science, Math, Engineering, Economics, Finance). Master’s degree is a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment collaborating with technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in technology and/or SAAS preferred
- Ability to work independently and seek innovative ways to solve problems
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills
- SalesForce, NetSuite, Zuora experience or other CRM and ERP knowledge a plus
Meet Some of CarGurus's Employees
VP Of Dealer/OEM Solutions
Kyle manages display ad revenue, sales and billing operations, dealer features, and inventory systems. In every aspect of his job, the core is collecting data to guide CarGurus in the right direction.
Back to top