Brand Marketing Manager
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Brand Marketing Manager to join our Consumer Marketing Team and lead the testing of new brand marketing channels and activities, both digital and non-digital. This person will be equally passionate about data and creative, and appreciate that effective brand campaigns require a mix of art and science. In addition to leading CarGurus overall brand marketing testing, the Brand Marketing Manager also contributes towards existing brand digital campaigns with an eye towards continuous optimization.
This role will play an integral part in the execution of CarGurus marketing strategy, working with our internal marketing team, creative resources, data science team and external agencies. The scope of this role includes brand and creative management, media planning and buying, budget management, and all tactical execution and administration.
This position will report to the Director of Brand Marketing in CarGurus’ consumer marketing team. The ideal candidate will have 5 – 7+ years marketing experience, with some or all of that in brand marketing
What You’ll Do:
- Drive the testing of new brand marketing channels and activities for CarGurus, both digital and non-digital
- Plan, lead and execute tests / campaigns that meet CarGurus KPIs and are scalable
- Design robust tests / campaigns that are measurable, scalable and geared towards learning, by partnering with the data science team, internal analysts or external agencies
- Brief internal creative resources or external agencies to develop effective and compelling creative
- Manage the tests / campaigns from planning to execution at a fast-pace, including gathering input from key stakeholders, securing legal & IT approvals, iterating targeting and creative etc.
- Buy media directly or through agencies to execute the tests / campaigns with a keen understanding of how media costs, seasonality, creative, test structure etc. could affect results
- Extract data from multiple sources and partner with cross-functional teams to inform iteration, creative and media strategy
- Present data analysis and insights to key stakeholders
- Contribute towards managing our existing brand channels with an eye towards continuous performance and creative optimization.
- Stay up to date with media and marketing developments with an eye towards performance and brand building
- Mentor more junior team members and contribute to the overall team culture
Who You Are:
- 5 – 7+ years of prior marketing experience required, with some or all of that in brand marketing
- ecommerce or Digital brand experience a plus
- MBA preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and its functions required
- Working knowledge of various data analysis and reporting tools and comfort in getting up to speed on new tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Google Analytics or similar business intelligence tools)
- Familiarity with creative briefing, development and optimization
- Ability to work independently and in a cross-functional setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Action and detail-oriented with an ability to drive progress
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Meet Some of CarGurus's Employees
VP, Dealer Relations
As VP, Dealer Relations, Mike helms the team that grows CarGurus’ customer base, while driving revenue growth, mitigating churn and revenue compression, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Back to top