Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work’s made a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
Under supervision of the Billing Manager the Billing Supervisor will oversee a team of 4 Billing Analysts. This crucial CG position will lead all customer facing aspects of the billing process. This includes taking customer phone calls, updating invoices, providing relevant documents, processing payments, explaining billing policy and ensuring proper routing of incoming requests. This position will work closely with many different departments at CG and will require excellent communication skills, attention to detail and cross-departmental cohesion. This role is very customer service focused, you must be comfortable with phone support.
What You'll Do:
- Grow and scale the customer facing side of the billing function
- Full ownership of managing, organizing and improving SalesForce case queues (billing requests and cancellation)
- Ensure proper distribution of incoming non-billing requests to the correct departments
- Prioritize case work as needed during busier periods and serve as a point of escalation
- Manage a large volume of billing requests and billing adjustments
- Oversee a team responsible for taking inbound customer calls (billing related) and be able to triage busy times of the month
- Work with internal CG departments (Sales & Sales Ops) to solve billing and system related issues
- Serve as the point of escalation for all billing issues
- Lead the mission to provide the best customer experience to CarGurus internal and external customers
- Support the implementation of a new billing software in efforts to increase process automation
- Encourage and support a positive and efficient team dynamic
- Perform ad hoc projects as needed
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience with case management in Salesforce is preferred
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills and comfort supervising employees in a professional and helpful manner
- Motivated team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced, forward-moving environment
- Ability to learn and understand financial accounting systems/software quickly
- Experience in AR/Billing a plus
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.
Back to top