Application Support Engineer
We are seeking a highly motivated Application Support Engineer (Entry Level) to join our growing Dublin office. The application support engineer is responsible for trouble shooting and resolving issues raised to the team through various channels for our various products. The team supports CG products globally (US, CA, UK, DE, SP, IT) and this brings with it multiple challenges, for example, language, feed formats, local legal requirements and so on. The goal of the support engineer is to resolve the bulk of the issues without escalating to development engineering.
What You’ll Do:
In this role you will have a massive and immediate impact for our clients and CarGurus as a whole. You will Investigate and resolve issues raised by stakeholders (Customer Success, International Support, Dev Engineering…). In addition, you will use your exposure to support issues to determine trends and use your insights to suggest tools and fixes that will enable us to improve the quality of our products.
Who You Are:
- Knowledge of SQL and Java, some hands on experience required.
- 0-1 years in a customer success/support/development role
- Knowledge of web debugging using developer tools (Chrome/Safari)
- Understanding of REST/SOAP API debugging.
- Familiarity with XML and XSLT transforms.
- Understanding of Regular Expressions, Keen eye for detail.
- Ability to spot misconfigurations vs Bugs and working with development engineering to get bugs fixed and delivered to production.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Back to top