Analytics Applications Engineer
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is a technology company first and foremost. That means our engineers are at the heart of everything we do. We’re looking for self-motivated engineers, who are passionate about building software that will help drive our mission forward as we continue to grow and scale to become the world’s number one most trusted automotive marketplace.
Our goal on the Data Engineering team is to solve challenging problems by bringing all our data “to the table”. We love building dashboards, slicing and dicing information all while working cross-functionally with every department in the company.
What You’ll Do:
- Support our efforts to develop a single source of truth for our KPIs and metrics.
- Visualize data and trends to answer key business questions, and to help shape the future of our product offerings.
- Work with stakeholders and leadership across the organization to translate business analysis requirements into logical data models, using our analytics platform.
- Build automated, beautiful dashboards, visualizations, and reports that surface key business insights to Product, Engineering, Finance, Marketing, and other areas of the organization.
- Provide exceptional customer service as an “internal consultant”.
- Administer and support analytics tools
Who You Are:
- 1-3 years of experience in data modeling, data engineering, business intelligence, or a related field.
- Familiar with Looker, Tableau, or other business intelligence tools.
- Familiar with Google Analytics.
- Knack for telling a compelling story with data visualizations.
- Ambitious team player who thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Expert in SQL, with ability to optimize database and query performance.
- Software engineering skills in Python a plus, but not required.
- Familiarity with Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, or other large-scale databases a plus.
- Detective, with keen interest in solving business problems with data.
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Meet Some of CarGurus's Employees
Director of Dealer Relations
As Director of Dealer Relations, Mike helms the team that grows CarGurus’ customer base, while driving revenue growth, mitigating churn and revenue compression, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Back to top