Account Executive, Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
This would be the First business developer outside the US! The Account Executive, Search Engine Marketing (SEM) will be selling CarGurus new, proprietary SEM product to dealers who are interested in shifting their spend over to a company with a reputation for industry leading search marketing.
You will be trained to understand and present our offering in an influential manner, handling competitive objections, and landing some of our first customers on the platform. The job will be a hybrid sales role with much of the selling taking place via the phone, while also making on-site visits for large opportunities and customer requests. Being persuasive, a driven self-starter able to manage your time effectively, and comfortable working against monthly quota targets are the keys to success.
(The position could be based in the UK or in our Dublin office)
What You'll Do:
- Plan against, and drive toward, exceeding your monthly SEM sales quota
- Prospect for new opportunities within designated dealer account targets while also working closely with your Account Manager to understand if there are additional opportunities within your existing customer base
- Have great telephone and in-person selling skills. Sandler sales methodology training is highly preferred
- Ability to demonstrate the value of the platform and our competitive differentiators
- A daily, repeatable cadence of high quality conversations, demos, and proof-of-concept pilots to ensure consistency in your bookings performance output
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of proven SEM sales experience in a fast-paced growing environment - corporate or agency background
- Demonstrate history of over-performance against quota & sales KPI’s
- Strong customer service focus and attention to details
- Good organizational and prioritization skills
- University degree and/or additional certifications ideally with focus on digital marketing (Google AdWords is a must)
- Willing to travel in the region when necessary
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Back to top