Account Executive, Search Engine Marketing
The Account Executive for Search Engine Marketing will be responsible for selling CarGurus new, proprietary SEM product to dealers who are interested in shifting their spend over to a company with a reputation for industry leading search marketing. The Account Executive will benefit from being able to call into 20,000+ existing customers who buy other product lines from CarGurus, to sell them on this new offering. The Account Executive will be strong at presenting our offering, handling competitive objections, and landing some of our first customers on the platform. The job will be a hybrid sales role with much of the selling taking place via the phone, while also making on-site visits for large opportunities and customer requests. It is critical candidates be persuasive, are self-starters, can manage their time well, and are comfortable working against monthly quota targets.
- Planning against, and driving toward, exceeding your monthly SEM sales quota
- Prospecting for new opportunities within designated dealer account targets while also working closely with your Account Manager to understand if there are additional opportunities within your existing customer base
- Having great telephone and in-person selling skills. Sandler sales methodology training is highly preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate the value of the platform and our competitive differentiators.
- A daily, repeatable cadence of high quality conversations, demos, and proof-of-concept pilots to ensure consistency in your bookings performance output.
- A willingness to travel when necessary (expectation is 20-30% of the time).
- 2+ years of proven inside/outside SEM sales experience
- Demonstrate history of over-performance against quota & sales KPI’s
- Strong customer service skills
- Good organizational ability
- Strong internal motivation & drive
- Bachelor's degree required
Meet Some of CarGurus's Employees
VP Of Dealer/OEM Solutions
Kyle manages display ad revenue, sales and billing operations, dealer features, and inventory systems. In every aspect of his job, the core is collecting data to guide CarGurus in the right direction.
Back to top