Account Executive - Italy
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
We are looking for our first Italian speaking Account Executive to join the growing Dublin Sales team and sell CarGurus newest advertising products and services to automotive dealerships across Italy.
As the first Account Executive for Italy, you will become a product expert, presenting CarGurus offerings and benefits as an inside sales professional (primarily over the phone and also via email with occasional visits to Italy for face-to-face meetings). This is a 'hunting' role - the successful candidate will be prospecting new business/building their own pipeline and managing a dedicated book of business.
What You'll Do:
- Prospect and build your own book of business by sourcing new accounts in the region
- Manage the entire sales cycle from identifying the client to securing a deal
- Ensure an accurate forecasting and pipeline to facilitate the attainment of individual and team monthly goals and quotas
- Unearth new sales opportunities through different channels (networking, client visits, events) and turn them into long-term partnerships
- Present the CarGurus products and pitch value to prospective clients whilst acting as their trusted advisor
- Qualifying potential dealers to uncover sellable opportunities
- Become an industry expert and understand the competitive landscape in Italy
- Negotiate agreements and keep records of sales and data
- Respond to variety of enquiries aiming to maintain and increase our customer satisfaction and the preserve the company’s reputation
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of inside sales experience with focus on business development and closing deals
- Fluency in both written and verbal English and Italian
- Passion to hunt for new business (cold-call), educate and provide the best solution for every car dealership
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships internally and externally
- A metrics-oriented, competitive attitude
- Exceptional written, verbal, phone and presentation skills, ability to handle objections over the phone and face to face
- Creativity and eagerness to learn and apply new concepts in an ever-changing environment
- Numbers-driven, and committed to over-achieving targets consistently
- Well-developed organisational skills and flexibility
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK, Italy, Spain and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.
Back to top