Web Systems Administrator
Join the CARFAX team as a Web Systems Administrator
Do you enjoy knowing your work supports mission critical systems? Is Systems Administration your passion area? If so the Web Systems Administrator position could be just the job for you. As a Web Systems Administrator you will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and managing mission critical systems that deliver CARFAX products to our customers.
The CARFAX Culture
Our culture offers the unique blend of a high achieving, high-energy workforce in a casual, laid back setting. Our employee focused culture has been recognized and earned CARFAX the honor of being named as one of the “Great Places to Work” 7 times in a row by Washingtonian magazine and additionally by the Washington Post, and nationally by Glassdoor! Are you ready to join a winning team, be inspired daily, and have a blast while doing it? If so, take a detour from your daily grind and apply today!
As a Web Administrator you will:
- Install, administer, and troubleshoot application servers such as Tomcat, Joomla, WordPress, and Zoomdata as well as the following web servers and technologies: Apache, IIS, New Relic, Chef, and FTP.
- Implement concepts such as complete automation of production systems, and proactive monitoring. Possess a working knowledge of server automation and scripting.
- Be self-directed and have full ownership of projects and tasks.
- Partner with team members, customers, and leadership by communicating across the enterprise on projects, technologies, and roadmap status.
- 5+ years of systems administration or related systems experience
- Hands on experience administering Application Servers such as Tomcat and CMS Systems such as Joomla
- Experience with java based systems to include administering, design, installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Ability to be available for on-call support as needed
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in keeping up with technology and hardware advances.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible when needs change unexpectedly
- Knowledge of designing and implementing Highly Available systems
You may know CARFAX as the company that has provided trusted vehicle information reports for over 30 years but we are so much more! CARFAX is on a mission to help millions of people shop, buy, own and sell used cars with more confidence. To do this we are constantly expanding our offerings, and stretching into new areas in order to provide needed, trusted assistance to consumers at all points of the car buying, ownership, and selling lifecycle. At CARFAX we invest in the growth of our employees and offer rewarding, creative, fast-paced work, as well as many other opportunities to challenge you in your career.
Back to top