Join our WINNING team as a UX/UI Designer
Do you want to design websites and apps that will change the way people buy, sell and own their cars? At CARFAX we’ve been creating revolutionary products for more than 30 years. The kinds of products that help people make better decisions. We’re looking for someone to join our team with a passion to create a consistent, engaging, and delightful experience for our portfolio of consumer-facing websites and mobile app offerings. We seek an inspiring Mobile Web/User Experience (UX) Designer with proven expertise in blending user-centered design methodologies and flawless execution to create digital experiences that are intuitive and delightful to use.
Based at our Centreville, VA campus, this position will be responsible for helping create our strategic vision and will work with product and marketing managers to develop user flows and wireframes and turn them into stunning visuals. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, desire to be part of a dynamic creative team, this may be the perfect job for you. This position will report to the Director of User Experience and Design, interact with all departments, and work closely with the senior leadership of CARFAX.
The CARFAX Culture
People who work at CARFAX are happy. Our culture offers the unique blend of a high achieving, high-energy workforce in a casual, laid back setting. When you walk around at CARFAX you hear laughter and spontaneous celebrations and you see people in shorts and flip flops refueling themselves with a game of shuffle puck or by taking a few shots on one of the putting greens. Our employee focused culture has been recognized and earned CARFAX the honor of being named as one of the “Great Places to Work” 7 years in a row by Washingtonian magazine and additionally by the Washington Post, and nationally by Glassdoor! Are you ready to join a winning team, be inspired daily, and have a blast while doing it? If so, take a detour from your daily grind and apply today!
As a UX/UI Designer you will be:
- Collaborating with product and marketing managers and developers across the business to develop user flows, wireframes, mock-ups and final designs that meet the business objectives of the organization, advances our brand strategy and reflects best practices.
- Developing, maintaining and evolving all guidelines and processes for our digital properties.
- Presenting and communicating design solutions to stakeholders and product owners
- Participating and collaborating in all facets of a user centered design process (Strategy, Research, Design and Testing)
- 5-7 years of experience designing mobile and web interfaces
- At least 2 years of experience designing native apps for iOS and Android Devices
- Experience working with agile software development teams
- Experience designing for large consumer based websites and applications
- Proficient in using design tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, and Balsamiq
You may know CARFAX as the company that has provided trusted vehicle information reports for over 30 years but we are so much more! CARFAX is on a mission to help millions of people shop, buy, own and sell used cars with more confidence. To do this we are constantly expanding our offerings, and stretching into new areas in order to provide needed, trusted assistance to consumers at all points of the car buying, ownership, and selling lifecycle. At CARFAX we invest in the growth of our employees and offer rewarding, creative, fast-paced work, as well as many other opportunities to challenge you in your career.
Back to top