Join our Data Technologies team as a Systems Developer
As a System Developer on the Data Technologies team you will use big data analytics to build intelligent frameworks that support everything from modernizing legacy processes to crafting original back end systems. The Data Tech team uses Agile development methods to harnesses revolutionary tools and innovative thinking to bring forward thinking products to fruition. The team is devoted to working smarter by cutting through the nonsense and getting stuff done. If you are passionate about technology and are looking to accelerate your career while building innovative products, consider a future as a Systems Developer on CARFAX’s Data Technology team.
The CARFAX Culture
People who work at CARFAX are happy. Our culture offers the unique blend of a high achieving, high-energy workforce in a casual, laid-back setting. Our employee-focused culture has been consistently recognized and has earned CARFAX the honor of being named as one of the “Great Places to Work” 14 years running by Washingtonian magazine and has been nationally-ranked by Glassdoor.com! Are you ready to join a winning team that delivers trusted products and has a blast while doing it? If so, take a detour from your daily grind and apply today!
As a Systems Developer you will:
- Work in a team environment using Agile practices
- Develop frameworks and tools to process and analyze large amounts of data for business analytics
- Utilize Test Driven, Paired Programming and Continuous Integration development methods
- Communicate directly with customers on a daily basis
- Assist in the migration from legacy systems
- Constantly learn from and educate others to improve yourself and CARFAX
As a Systems Developer you will be expected to have:
- Hands-on experience with Object Orientated Programming
- Ability to solve complex problems and learn from mistakes
- Familiarity with database concepts
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
You will also need established experience in and/or knowledge of:
- Hadoop, Mongo, MySQL, Oracle
- Docker , Mesos and ETL systems
- Natural Language Processing
- Java, C, C++, or Groovy
- Grails and/or Spring
- Git version control
- Linux server environments
- Unit Testing
- Agile development methods
- Design Patterns
You may know CARFAX as the company that has provided trusted vehicle information reports for over 30 years but we are so much more! CARFAX is on a mission to help millions of people shop, buy, own and sell used cars with more confidence. To do this we are constantly expanding our offerings, and stretching into new areas in order to provide needed, trusted assistance to consumers at all points of the car buying, ownership, and selling lifecycle. At CARFAX we invest in the growth of our employees and offer rewarding, creative, fast-paced work, as well as many other opportunities to challenge you in your career.
Meet Some of CARFAX's Employees
Raquel builds the back-end database applications for CARFAX internal and external software services. She makes sure that CARFAX's back-end runs smoothly and efficiently for both users and clients.
Back to top