Join our Data Technologies team as a Software Developer
CARFAX is expanding into the Dallas area. Come join our team as a Software Developer on the Data Technologies team that builds intelligent frameworks with modern technologies to support everything in the CARFAX mission from modernizing legacy processes to crafting original back end systems. The Data Technologies team uses Agile development methods to harness revolutionary tools and innovative thinking to bring forward thinking products to fruition. The team is devoted to working smarter by cutting through the nonsense and getting stuff done. The work environment is filled with phenomenal innovation and high-energy with a dedicated team striving towards one goal at full speed. If you are passionate about technology and are looking to accelerate your career while building innovative products, consider a future as a Software Developer on CARFAX’s Data Technologies team.
The CARFAX Culture
People who work at CARFAX are happy. Our culture offers the unique blend of a high achieving, high-energy workforce in a casual, laid back setting. When you walk around at CARFAX you hear laughter and spontaneous celebrations, you see people in shorts and flip flops refueling themselves with a turn on the Nintendo Switch or taking a few shots with Nerf guns. Our employee focused culture is continually recognized and has earned CARFAX the honor of being named as one of the “Great Places to Work” by Glassdoor! Are you ready to join a winning team, be inspired daily, and have a blast while doing it? If so, take a detour from your daily grind and apply today!
As a Software Developer, you will:
- Work in a team environment using Agile practices and methods
- Develop frameworks and tools to process and analyze large amounts of data for business analytics
- Utilize Test Driven Development (TDD), Paired Programming and Continuous Integration development methods
- Communicate directly with customers on a daily basis
- Assist in the migration from legacy systems
- Constantly learn from and educate others to improve yourself and CARFAX
As a Software Developer, you will be expected to have (minimum required):
- At least 6 years of professional experience with Object Oriented Programming – in Java or similar language
- Ability to solve complex problems and learn from mistakes
- Familiarity with database concepts
- Strong unit testing and troubleshooting skills
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
Experience in more than one of the following is extremely helpful:
- Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB, MySQL, ETL
- Docker, Mesos, Spring
- Git version control
- Testing frameworks, JUnit, Mockito
- Natural Language Processing is a plus
- Chef, MVC, HTML5 are a plus
- Design patterns is a plus
You may know CARFAX as the company that has provided trusted vehicle information reports for over 30 years but we are so much more! CARFAX is on a mission to help millions of people shop, buy, own and sell used cars with more confidence. To do this we are constantly expanding our offerings, and stretching into new areas in order to provide needed, trusted assistance to consumers at all points of the car buying, ownership, and selling lifecycle. At CARFAX we invest in the growth of our employees and offer rewarding, creative, fast-paced work, as well as many other opportunities to challenge you in your career.
Meet Some of CARFAX's Employees
Raquel builds the back-end database applications for CARFAX internal and external software services. She makes sure that CARFAX's back-end runs smoothly and efficiently for both users and clients.
Back to top