Front End Developer
Join our elite IT team as a Front-end Developer
As a Front-end Developer you will be a part of the Product Services team. The Product Services team has full responsibility for our online presence and that is a very big deal. At CARFAX, we create websites for our consumers and dealers that incorporate tools to assist in buying and selling cars. The Product Services team is an elite group of tech savvy individuals who deliver quality products that bring value to our customers. This fast paced environment keeps our tech stack evolving so we are able to seamlessly support the hundreds of products that make CARFAX the leader in trusted vehicle history information.
The CARFAX Culture
People who work at CARFAX are happy. Our culture offers the unique blend of a high achieving, high-energy workforce in a casual, laid back setting. When you walk around at CARFAX you hear laughter and spontaneous celebrations and you see people in shorts and flip flops refueling themselves with a game of shuffle puck or by taking a few shots on one of the putting greens. Our employee focused culture has been recognized and earned CARFAX the honor of being named as one of the “Great Places to Work” 7 times in a row by Washingtonian magazine and additionally by the Washington Post, and nationally by Glassdoor! Are you ready to join a winning team, be inspired daily, and have a blast while doing it? If so, take a detour from your daily grind and apply today!
As a Front End Developer you will be expected to be passionate about developing and have experience in the following areas:
- CMS platforms – preferably Joomla
- Content Management System frameworks such as Contentful
- Knowledge of SEO & web page performance techniques
- React.js, Angular.js. node.js
- HTML5, CSS3, Web services/REST API's
- WordPress; PHP
- Paired programming, TDD, XP
- Bower, Gulp/Grunt, Influx, NPM
In your role you will:
- Serve on a team to determine the next CMS platform/framework
- Build customized content pages using a CMS framework
- Optimize web pages to maximize SEO results
- Implement common front-end styles and user experience
- Work collaboratively with design & development teams on a daily basis
- Solve complex problems and learn from mistakes
- Articulate your thoughts and opinions effectively
- Learn new technologies and apply new skills to your work
- Openly share knowledge and learn from others
You may know CARFAX as the company that has provided trusted vehicle information reports for over 30 years but we are so much more! CARFAX is on a mission to help millions of people shop, buy, own and sell used cars with more confidence. To do this we are constantly expanding our offerings, and stretching into new areas in order to provide needed, trusted assistance to consumers at all points of the car buying, ownership, and selling lifecycle. At CARFAX we invest in the growth of our employees and offer rewarding, creative, fast-paced work, as well as many other opportunities to challenge you in your career.
Meet Some of CARFAX's Employees
Raquel builds the back-end database applications for CARFAX internal and external software services. She makes sure that CARFAX's back-end runs smoothly and efficiently for both users and clients.
Back to top