Join the CARFAX Team as a Database Administrator
Do you enjoy working with an innovative development team and designing databases? If so CARFAX has a great opportunity for you! As a Database Administrator you will use your knowledge and expertise to support the development of awesome CARFAX products. In your role you will work with team members to design our databases, build and support internal and external CARFAX applications, and establish and enforce database best practices. If you like the idea of working in a TEAM environment where you are well supported and will help the team offer “BEST IN MARKET” products to customers, consider making your next move to CARFAX!
The CARFAX Culture
Our culture offers the unique blend of a high achieving, high-energy workforce in a casual, laid back setting. Our employee focused culture has been recognized and earned CARFAX the honor of being named as one of the “Great Places to Work” 7 times in a row by Washingtonian magazine and additionally by the Washington Post, and nationally by Glassdoor! Are you ready to join a winning team, be inspired daily, and have a blast while doing it? If so, take a detour from your daily grind and apply today!
As a Database Administrator you will:
- Design and architect new database technologies
- Implement and maintain database design
- Create database objects (tables, indexes, etc.)
- Write database procedures, functions and triggers
- Tune database queries
- Monitor application related jobs and data replication activities
- Manage replication between database systems
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning)
- Perform general technical trouble shooting and give consultation to development teams
- Experience with MongoDB, Hadoop, or Cassandra
- Solid understanding of databases and related utilities and tools
- Practical knowledge of physical database design, security management, and data integrity
- Experience in code migration, database change management and data management through the various stages of the development life cycle
- A sound knowledge of both database and system performance tuning
- Ability to work with multiple database platforms
You may know CARFAX as the company that has provided trusted vehicle information reports for over 30 years but we are so much more! CARFAX is on a mission to help millions of people shop, buy, own and sell used cars with more confidence. To do this we are constantly expanding our offerings, and stretching into new areas in order to provide needed, trusted assistance to consumers at all points of the car buying, ownership, and selling lifecycle. At CARFAX we invest in the growth of our employees and offer rewarding, creative, fast-paced work, as well as many other opportunities to challenge you in your career.
Back to top