Database Administration Manager
** THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN COLUMBIA, MO **
Join our Winning Team as a Database Administration Manager
Do you enjoy working with an innovative database team and supporting database systems? Do you enjoy working in a TEAM environment? Do you like the idea of being a major contributor to offering “BEST IN MARKET” products to customers? If so CARFAX has a great opportunity for you! As a Database Administration Manager you will work with a team to provide high quality database services that satisfy customer needs. Your expertise will be utilized to develop innovative architectures that help propel CARFAX’s environment into the future.
The CARFAX Culture
People who work at CARFAX are happy. Our culture offers the unique blend of a high achieving, high-energy workforce in a casual, laid-back setting. Our employee-focused culture has been consistently recognized and has earned CARFAX the honor of being named as one of the “Great Places to Work” 14 years running by Washingtonian magazine and has been nationally-ranked by Glassdoor.com! Are you ready to join a winning team that delivers trusted products and has a blast while doing it? If so, take a detour from your daily grind and apply today!
As a Database Administration Manager you will:
- Manage a team of 10 Database Administrator’s
- Administer and manage CARFAX’s web facing and internal business intelligence databases
- Oversee database results by setting and enforcing standards and controls
- Accomplish platform upgrades and improvements
- Improve the effectiveness of database tools, services and security
- Ensure all data complies with legal regulations
- Vet and recommend new database technologies
- Work closely with Product, Data, and BI teams across the company
- Lead your team during system outages and off hour work
- Notify senior management of all concerns/issues/updates
- Demonstrated experience managing a team and strong leadership skills
- Strong understanding of both relational and non-relational databases
- Strong understanding of database related utilities and tools
- Ability to work with multiple database platforms
- Up-to-date knowledge of technology and thirst to stay on the cutting-edge
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to understand business needs
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- An eye for detail and accuracy
You may know CARFAX as the company that has provided trusted vehicle information reports for over 30 years but we are so much more! CARFAX is on a mission to help millions of people shop, buy, own and sell used cars with more confidence. To do this we are constantly expanding our offerings, and stretching into new areas in order to provide needed, trusted assistance to consumers at all points of the car buying, ownership, and selling lifecycle. At CARFAX we invest in the growth of our employees and offer rewarding, creative, fast-paced work, as well as many other opportunities to challenge you in your career.
Meet Some of CARFAX's Employees
Raquel builds the back-end database applications for CARFAX internal and external software services. She makes sure that CARFAX's back-end runs smoothly and efficiently for both users and clients.
Back to top