Customer Retention Manager
Join our Winning Team as a Customer Retention Manager
Create, execute and test B2B marketing and retention programs that convey the CARFAX value proposition to used car dealer customers throughout the United States to help engage and retain customers. This position reports to the Dealer Product Marketing Lead.
The CARFAX Culture
People who work at CARFAX are happy. Our culture offers the unique blend of a high achieving, high-energy workforce in a casual, laid back setting. When you walk around at CARFAX you hear laughter and spontaneous celebrations and you see people in shorts and flip flops refueling themselves with a game of ping pong or a turn on the Xbox. Our employee focused culture is continually recognized and has earned CARFAX the honor of being named as one of the “Great Places to Work” by Glassdoor! Are you ready to join a winning team, be inspired daily, and have a blast while doing it? If so, take a detour from your daily grind and apply today!
As a Customer Retention Manager, you will:
- Create, optimize, and evolve retention strategies to keep and grow customers.
- Generate new marketing campaigns or improve existing campaigns and programs that reinforce the CARFAX value proposition across the customer life cycle to reduce customer churn, increase loyalty and improve the customer experience.
- Build impactful email marketing campaigns that includes optimizing the timing and frequency of email sends, A/B testing, writing compelling email copy, subject lines, CTAs, content for landing pages and implementing best practices across all dealer customer email communications.
- Test and analyze campaign/program performance, and modify as necessary to maximize the results.
- Direct internal and external creative resources.
- Evaluate the customer experience and identify areas of improvement to create a great client experience.
- Interact and communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders. Build consensus among multiple groups within the company.
- Understand the needs and issues of our pre-owned car dealer customers through direct interaction with our customers, members of the Dealer Business Unit and other company personnel.
- Leverage marketing automation systems (such Marketo, Eloqua or Pardot) and CRM (Salesforce.com) to optimize efficiency.
- Creative Thinker- Must have a proven track record of coming up with creative, out of the box ideas, concepts and approaches.
- Ability to Move Ideas into Action– Must be able to take those creative ideas and concepts and turn them into effective marketing communications messaging and materials.
- Strong Communication Skills– Must have superior written and verbal communications skills.
- Attention to Detail – Must be able to perform to exceptional standards of quality and workmanship.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills– Must be able to interact and communicate effectively with all levels within the company.
- Sense of Urgency– Must be able to accomplish tasks quickly and accurately with minimal direction and supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. BA/BS in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field required.
- At least 7-9 years of proven B2B email marketing strategy building and execution.
- Understanding of the fundamentals and restrictions of email marketing, including legislation (CAN-SPAM, CASL), deliverability, authentication and best practices.
- At least 2 years working with customer retention programs.
- Excellent writing and editing for web, email, social media, marketing collateral and presentations.
- Hands-on experience developing and executing campaigns across key channels including email, web and social media.
- Proficiency with marketing automation systems (such Marketo, Eloqua or Pardot) and CRM (Salesforce.com) preferred.
- Self-starter with high-energy and a passion for marketing.
- Creativity and ability to ideate.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
You may know CARFAX as the company that has provided trusted vehicle information reports for over 30 years but we are so much more! CARFAX is on a mission to help millions of people shop, buy, own and sell used cars with more confidence. To do this we are constantly expanding our offerings, and stretching into new areas in order to provide needed, trusted assistance to consumers at all points of the car buying, ownership, and selling lifecycle. At CARFAX we invest in the growth of our employees and offer rewarding, creative, fast-paced work, as well as many other opportunities to challenge you in your career.
Meet Some of CARFAX's Employees
Raquel builds the back-end database applications for CARFAX internal and external software services. She makes sure that CARFAX's back-end runs smoothly and efficiently for both users and clients.
Back to top