Business Development Manager - Data Acquisition
Business Development Manager – Data Acquisition
The Business Development Manager – Data Acquisition is responsible for identifying, developing and closing opportunities within an assigned automotive OEM account base, as well as maintaining and growing current OEM partnerships. This role assists in setting strategy with designated OEMs, provides account direction and partner relationship management, and serves as liaison for client escalation issues. The position reports to the Director – Data Acquisition.
As Business Development Manager – Data Acquisition you will:
- Successfully seek and secure new opportunities through:
- Solid understanding of key OEM departments.
- Accurate assessment of key OEM stakeholders, decision makers and external influencers.
- Being knowledgeable of CARFAX products and services, and able to successfully articulate value proposition within various OEM functional groups.
- Managing OEM requests and/or RFP processes, and collaborating with the Director and other team members to ensure timely completion and delivery.
- Creating, coordinating and conducting effective sales presentations.
- Collaborate with other internal teams to respond to existing client support needs.
- Effectively report on pipeline, account activity and business risks.
- Develop and maintain OEM account partnerships.
- 5+ years of substantive experience working with automotive OEMs (the Detroit OEMs are a plus).
- 5+ years of proven achievement in the automotive industry at various levels, with particular expertise in sales or business development.
- Strong communication and polished presentation skills.
- Excellent consulting and negotiation skills.
- Goal oriented and results focused with the ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with performance-based metrics.
- Ability to travel up to 40%.
- Proficient with at least one recognized contact management system (Salesforce preferred).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
You may know CARFAX as the company that has provided trusted vehicle information reports for over 30 years but we are so much more! CARFAX is on a mission to help millions of people shop, buy, own and sell used cars with more confidence. To do this we are constantly expanding our offerings, and stretching into new areas in order to provide needed, trusted assistance to consumers at all points of the car buying, ownership, and selling lifecycle. At CARFAX we invest in the growth of our employees and offer rewarding, creative, fast-paced work, as well as many other opportunities to challenge you in your career.
Meet Some of CARFAX's Employees
Raquel builds the back-end database applications for CARFAX internal and external software services. She makes sure that CARFAX's back-end runs smoothly and efficiently for both users and clients.
Back to top