User Interface Designer
CareMessage is looking for a User Interface Designer to join a mission-driven team changing the healthcare landscape for underserved patient populations. As a UI Designer at CareMessage you will be joining a team of designers to lead the visual and user experience designs of new product features.
This role requires 2+ years of experience as a user interface designer, preferably working on enterprise web-based products. Previous experience in healthcare is preferred, but can be supplemented with other experiences with underserved populations. Since we are a small and diverse team, you should be able to work independently and collaboratively with people from a variety of backgrounds.
Within 1 month you'll...
- Learn the product inside and out
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers and other members of the team to translate customer needs to solutions
- Participate in key internal team meetings including product sprints, planning sessions, and design critiques
Within 3 months you'll...
- Participate in user testing sessions, following a human-centered design process
- Derive insights from user testing and translate them to compelling designs
- Collaborate with fellow Designers to ensure a consistent and cohesive experience across CareMessage's products
Within 6 months you'll...
- Lead an iterative visual design process
- Showcase strong graphic design skills
- Manifest our brand aesthetic throughout the UI while embracing real-world constraints (engineering feasibility, real-world complexities, etc.)
CareMessage is a nonprofit organization using mobile technology to make underserved populations healthier. Healthcare organizations use CareMessage's patient engagement platform to remind, inform and educate over 1 million patients about primary care appointments, preventive care screenings, and disease self-management. Founded in 2012 at Stanford University, CareMessage has raised nearly $20 million from Google.org, William K. Bowes Jr. Foundation, Pershing Square Foundation, Y Combinator, the Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation, Echoing Green, and others in an effort to build technology to solve problems in healthcare. You can learn more about our team by visiting our profile on The Muse.
- Profile in Morgan Stanley's "Perspectives in Philanthropy" magazine
- Partnership with major health system featured in The Dallas Morning News
Growth and Impact:
- Announcement on reaching first million patients
- Outcomes achieved for patients and healthcare organizations
Meet Some of CareMessage's Employees
Product & Support Specialist
As a member of the Support Team, Ashley teaches CareMessage customers how to use the company’s web application—and educates them about different features of the technology.
Back to top