Strategic Partnerships Manager
CareMessage is a unique, fast growth SaaS social enterprise dedicated to improving healthcare outcomes for the most underserved patient populations in the United States. CareMessage’s platform enables healthcare organizations to leverage interactive text messaging to remind patients about appointments, motivate them to schedule preventive care screenings and manage their chronic conditions.
Since first launching its product in late 2013, CareMessage has partnered with nearly 200 healthcare organizations in 39 states across the country, reaching nearly two million patients (representing ~2% of all Medicaid and uninsured patients in the United States).
CareMessage has raised $20M in philanthropic capital from major institutions including Google.org, Y Combinator, the Pershing Square Foundation, the Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation, Echoing Green, the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, the National Institutes of Health, the CVS Health Foundation, the Marc and Laura Andreessen Foundation and the William K. Bowes Jr. Foundation. CareMessage employs ~40 people and is based in San Francisco, CA.
- Profile in Morgan Stanley's "Perspectives in Philanthropy" magazine
- Partnership with major health system featured in The Dallas Morning News
Growth and Impact:
- Inside CareMessage: The Emerging Technologies Team
- Outcomes achieved for patients and healthcare organizations
Strategic Partnerships Manager
Be a foundational member on a sales team that helps healthcare organizations address one of the biggest problems they face: helping the underserved get healthier. Mobile platforms are in high demand as the country shifts towards value based healthcare payments. We’ve already helped some of the biggest names in healthcare including Partners Healthcare, Baylor, Scott & White, Sinai Health System and over 200 others.
What We Are Looking For..
This role requires someone with 1-2+ years in sales who has demonstrated ability to exceed quota in SaaS, preferably within the healthcare landscape. You should be comfortable using data to build a case for review by internal and external Management and C-suite level executives - including strong public-speaking and writing skills. To join a company at our stage, you should be confident in your ability to contribute in a dynamic, changing environment. You’ll need to be able to remove your own roadblocks and invent alternative methodologies that open up new pathways forward. You should bring a passion for healthcare tech, solving important social issues and ideas and expertise for helping a partner program launch and flourish.
Within 1 month…
- Learn the CareMessage story - our product, value proposition and impact
- Learn about our existing partners and gradually take over these relationships
- Collaborate with Sales Operations Manager on partnership profiles and the types of customers/referrals we’re driving from these channels.
- Collaborate with VP of Sales and Sales Operations Manager to develop a plan to enhance our partner relations and ultimately increase the number of referrals and customers from each partnership.
- Collaborate with the VP of Sales to finalize any pending partnerships.
Within 3 months…
- Shadow sales reps and discuss which EMRs/tools are most prevalent and why in order to inform your work
- Establish partner profiles and initiate market research on those that would be of greatest value to CareMessage
- Collaborate with Sales Operations Manager to develop partner outreach plan in order to expand CareMessage’s reach
- Benchmark our existing partner relationships with data so we understand how these relationships are improving over time
- Coordinate our participation in events across the country and attend these events
- Collaborate with Sales Operations Manager on content for internal and external communication on partnerships
Within 6 months…
- Develop a plan to renew and grow existing partnerships.
- Learn and master the CareMessage story as it relates to our partners
- Grow revenue by executing on a partnership program that is profitable and scalable.
- Measure the impact of net new strategic partnerships on Revenue Growth Team Goals and continue to perform market research analysis on these partnerships
- Own all content for internal and external communication on partnerships
The CareMessage Story:
We are a Stanford-born social enterprise focused on helping underserved populations become healthier by leveraging mobile technology to remind patients about appointments, motivate them to schedule preventive care screenings and manage their chronic conditions. To date, we’ve raised $20M, are generating millions in recurring revenue, and are reaching nearly 2 million patients across 39 states. We’ve been able to help people lose weight, improve their blood sugar, and reduce cholesterol levels, when historically they’ve been hard to reach and serve at all (see some of our health outcomes here: https://caremessage.org/outcomes/).
Meet Some of CareMessage's Employees
Daniel oversees the entire Engineering Team. He helps his team do code reviews and ensures they make appropriate decisions for the problems they’re trying to solve.
Back to top