Remote Software Engineer (Back End)
CareMessage is looking for a Software Engineer with Ruby on Rails experience to help build and maintain our web platform that streamlines care management and delivers interactive mobile programs to improve health outcomes. You’ll be working on exciting projects like optimizing our Sidekiq queuing system, improving and building new integrations with Twilio, building our customer analytics code, and helping improve and maintain our own API. Our engineering team follows agile principles in a test driven development process. We are a remote first team that values open collaboration and shared ownership.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable application code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Apply scalable application fundamental design principles as needed.
- Collaborate with engineering, QA and product to ensure we provide a quality user experience for clinic staff across our apps, and ensure our app scales as our user base grows
- 4+ years of professional web application engineering experience with Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL
- A solid understanding of Ruby and object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with important development concepts including MVC, ORM, functional programming and RESTful APIs
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
Desired, but not required
- Familiarity with the healthcare industry and enterprise level application development
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools
Learn more about our remote culture on TheMuse
CareMessage is a nonprofit organization using mobile technology to make underserved populations healthier. Healthcare organizations use CareMessage's patient engagement platform to remind, inform and educate over 1 million patients about primary care appointments, preventive care screenings, and disease self-management. Founded in 2012 at Stanford University, CareMessage has raised nearly $20 million from Google.org, William K. Bowes Jr. Foundation, Pershing Square Foundation, Y Combinator, the Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation, Echoing Green, and others in an effort to build technology to solve problems in healthcare. You can learn more about our team by visiting our profile on The Muse.
- Profile in Morgan Stanley's "Perspectives in Philanthropy" magazine
- Partnership with major health system featured in The Dallas Morning News
Growth and Impact:
- Announcement on reaching first million patients
- Outcomes achieved for patients and healthcare organizations
Meet Some of CareMessage's Employees
Daniel oversees the entire Engineering Team. He helps his team do code reviews and ensures they make appropriate decisions for the problems they’re trying to solve.
Back to top