We are looking for a Controller who will own the accounting function at CareMessage. The company has reached a critical point where expertise in GAAP, monthly closings, accounts receivables/payables and refined internal systems requires a full time role. The Controller will define and implement processes and systems, produce company standard reconciliations and have a strong background in internal and external reporting.
- Own end-to-end monthly close activities, including maintaining general ledger and reconciliation to bank statements, special accounting treatments, publishing monthly reports and analyses.
- Own Accounts Receivables/Payables processes.
- Manage company wide Travel Expense & Reimbursement policy.
- Lead annual audit process and maintain ongoing relationship with auditors.
- Own all payroll functions which includes an understanding of state and international standards when processing payroll for a distributed workforce.
- Proactively identify, develop, and implement process improvements, documenting desktop procedures to achieve efficiencies and scalability.
- Function as a utility player and pick up ad hoc requests to accommodate our rapid growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field; CPA.
- 8+ years of accounting experience, at least 2 of which in a SaaS organization.
- Expert in GAAP accounting concepts .
- Pro at preparing and reconciling the following accounts: cash, prepaid and other assets, fixed assets, leases, accounts payable, compensation, vendor and other accruals.
- Excellent work paper organization, attention to detail, ability to quickly synthesize and analyze data .
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work independently.
- Positive, proactive, team-focused attitude and desire to do whatever it takes are essential.
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Experience with Big 4 audit processes and procedures
- U.S. work authorization
Meet Some of CareMessage's Employees
Product & Support Specialist
As a member of the Support Team, Ashley teaches CareMessage customers how to use the company’s web application—and educates them about different features of the technology.
Back to top