We are looking for a Controller who will own the accounting function at CareMessage. The company has reached a critical point where expertise in GAAP, monthly closings, accounts receivables/payables and refined internal systems requires a full time role. The Controller will define and implement processes and systems, produce company standard reconciliations and have a strong background in internal and external reporting.
- Own end-to-end monthly close activities, including maintaining general ledger and reconciliation to bank statements, special accounting treatments, publishing monthly reports and analyses.
- Own Accounts Receivables/Payables processes.
- Manage company wide Travel Expense & Reimbursement policy.
- Lead annual audit process and maintain ongoing relationship with auditors.
- Own all payroll functions which includes an understanding of state and international standards when processing payroll for a distributed workforce.
- Proactively identify, develop, and implement process improvements, documenting desktop procedures to achieve efficiencies and scalability.
- Function as a utility player and pick up ad hoc requests to accommodate our rapid growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field; CPA.
- 8+ years of accounting experience, at least 2 of which in a SaaS organization.
- Expert in GAAP accounting concepts .
- Pro at preparing and reconciling the following accounts: cash, prepaid and other assets, fixed assets, leases, accounts payable, compensation, vendor and other accruals.
- Excellent work paper organization, attention to detail, ability to quickly synthesize and analyze data .
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work independently.
- Positive, proactive, team-focused attitude and desire to do whatever it takes are essential.
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Experience with Big 4 audit processes and procedures
- U.S. work authorization
Meet Some of CareMessage's Employees
Daniel oversees the entire Engineering Team. He helps his team do code reviews and ensures they make appropriate decisions for the problems they’re trying to solve.
Back to top