Captivate is seeking a Senior Accountant to assist the VP of Finance/Controller to manage various projects within the Finance Department, to assess internal controls and to impact new accounting standards.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Direct and manage ad hoc projects from beginning to end
- Researching accounting issues for compliance with GAAP
- Assessing internal controls, including risk assessments and review of risk areas and make recommendations for improvement
- Conduct and document financial/accounting/ process flows, with a focus on internal controls
- Ensure that all financial and business processes are in compliance with policies and procedures
- Identify opportunities to optimize Finance processes and controls through improved control design, automation or standardization (best practice) across all Finance functions
- Ensure all project documentation is developed and kept current
- Ensure individual projects meet business requirements, and are completed on-time
- Support Leadership with various ad-hoc analyses and management reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; CPA certification a plus
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant accounting experience; in a media, tech or software company preferred
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office; experience with NetSuite preferred
- Proven ability to work with Excel at a high-level
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and accounting skills with thorough understanding of U.S. GAAP accounting principles and internal control
- Ability to proactively identify and propose solutions to solve problems
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Great organizational skills
- Dependable and ethical
Why You Should Work at Captivate
Captivate offers a generous FTO (flexible time off) policy, matching 401k, commuter benefits & health insurance programs. We encourage work-life balance through team building activities, employee outings and celebratory events. Captivate offers a great work environment and the opportunity to make an impact, through employer matching programs & volunteer opportunities.
Behind the screens of Captivate are real people.
Check out our Employee Spotlight page!
Back to top