Position: News Editor (part time/freelance)
Reports To: Content Director
As a part time News Editor, you will spend your days immersed in the news, researching and producing engaging content for Captivate’s network of digital screens in the office environment. Your purpose will be to empower busy professionals with actionable information throughout their work day. If you’re a news junkie looking to exercise your editing skills in the digital space, this may be an excellent career step for you. You can make a difference in our fun, dynamic and hardworking office culture. This is a part-time temporary role and the successful candidate can expect to work 25-35 hours per week out of our Lowell, Mass. office.
- Comb our content providers’ websites for fresh, compelling and relevant content, and edit the info into easily digestible news nuggets for our digital space.
- Maintain Captivate’s voice and style.
- Brainstorm and develop sponsorable content for advertisers.
- Cultivate creativity, as there will be opportunities to develop original programming features.
- A Bachelor of Journalism or degree in another relevant field.
- At least 2 years of editorial experience on any platform that demonstrates familiarity with AP style.
- Meticulous copyediting skills, sound news judgment and an ability to meet multiple deadlines daily.
- Skills with basic photo editing including Photoshop.
- Ability to start working at 7:30am is ideal.
Meet Some of Captivate's Employees
Account Executive, Regional Advertising Sales
Christina oversees client accounts, from prospect stages straight through to post-campaign result reports, ensuring that advertisers reach every objective they set for themselves through completely customized strategies.
Back to top