Director, Supply Chain
The Director of Supply Chain will report to the Vice President of Operations and will be responsible for building a team of buyers, planners, commodity specialist, and supplier quality engineers. The individual that fills this role will interact with all levels of Division and Sector management including Operations, Engineering, Quality Control, Business Development, Finance and Supply Chain. Will coordinate best practices with other Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management personnel as well as key suppliers and customer contacts.
- Provide leadership and direction in the development of the company’s supply base. This objective will require both a strategic and tactical perspective as we look to develop partner’s not just suppliers.
- Lead the Supply Chain team to deepen its relationship with the company’s engineering and operations organizations to support the improvement of design for manufacturability, cost and distribution. This objective will require the ability to work effectively and persuasively with the engineering groups, suppliers and supply chain team members.
- Direct the activities and establish processes for all functions involved in the purchasing, planning, warehousing and control of materials from the receipt of forecasting needs to the delivery of the finished product to customers.
- Manage inventory and establish controls to ensure the business is operating at the highest level of performance based on key performance metrics and minimized Supply Chain risk.
- Develop strategies, policies, procedures and the overall team to optimize the value of the entire function in creating an outstanding materials management group.
- Maintain compliance with all Captivate policies and practices and regulatory requirements as well as ethical standards related to procurement.
- Lead and coach others in maintaining excellence across Supply Chain and Manufacturing.
- Investigate, analyze and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends and leading continuous improvement projects
- Lead establishment of key strategic supplier agreements to improve overall performance while driving cost out of the supply chain.
- Participate in existing and new product planning processes to assure timely acquisition of materials to support product launches.
- Lead and/or support negotiation efforts for major contracts.
- Develop and manage departmental budgets accordingly.
- Establish annual goals and objectives and manage performance to ensure attainment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent; APICS certifications are a plus.
- 10 – 15 years of progressive experience in Supply Chain Management.
- Must have exposure to a business environment with numerous production lines. Past experience in a job shop environment would be a plus.
- Master scheduling experience.
- Proven experience developing a customer focused supply base.
- Must be a strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution.
- Metrics driven with defined KPI’s.
- Proven leadership skills in building, developing and managing Supply Chain teams with a record of success.
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills are required.
- Lean, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement Methodologies desired.
- Occasional travel required (10-20%).
- Ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Must have advanced computer skills and a solid understanding and knowledge of ERP/MRP systems. Experience with NetSuite is desirable.
Back to top