Director, National Advertising Sales
As our business continues to expand, we are adding to our national advertising team on the West Coast. This position is a match for an mid-career seller looking to build on their professional skills and leverage their existing relationships, while fully immersed in one of the fastest growing sectors of the digital media landscape. As a Captivate Director, Advertising Sales you will be responsible for selling advertising and sponsorships onto our elevator and lobby network to marketers and their advertising and media agencies. Your scope of responsibility is defined by lists of current and potential national and multimarket advertisers who fall within a specific geography, and are connected to certain media agency networks. Your goal is to meet your assigned annual quota by positioning the Captivate brand, including complementary products and opportunities, in a strategic and compelling fashion to secure advertising revenue. Additionally, you will be expected to represent the Captivate brand at industry events and with relevant business and media organizations where there is opportunity to extend your influence and develop incremental opportunities. You will be supported in your efforts by an impressive breadth of marketing and research resources, including dedicated staff, and the latest tools.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Engage new advertisers by positioning Captivate’s digital space in a compelling, strategic manner
- Own the entire sales cycle from prospecting, proposal delivery, negotiation and account management
- Deliver proposals that exceed advertisers and agency marketing objectives and expectations
- Develop and maintain relationships within agencies and brands, demonstrating a thorough understanding of the account’s organization, needs and revenue potential
- Meet & exceed quarterly and annual sales targets as well as assuming campaign ownership
- A minimum of 3-5 years of direct selling experience in the digital video industry
- Digital video media sales, either for a publisher or ad network experience preferred
- The ability to sell through innovative multi-platform media programs
- A proven track record of establishing relationships with agency/buying and client decision makers
- A proven track record of exceeding revenue goals
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required for outbound sales disciplines, including excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Desire to work in a personally rewarding position, on a committed team, in a challenging, fast-paced industry
Base salary 70k-80k DOE + commission
Why You Should Work at Captivate:
Captivate offers a success-oriented and supportive work environment. The management team and all employees understand that business success is rewarding for all stakeholders. So the company provides competitive compensations packages and generous corporate benefits (flexible time off policy, matching 401k, comprehensive health insurance programs and commuter benefits) to secure a team of motivated and committed individuals to help us reach our goals. We encourage work-life balance, and we celebrate personal achievement and business success. If this sounds good to you, then we want you to contact us.
Meet Some of Captivate's Employees
Senior Sales & Traffic Coordinator
Genevieve acts as a liaison between Captivate’s Advertising Sales and Traffic Teams in order to ensure clear communications and flawless campaign creation for company clients.
Back to top