Director, National Advertising Sales
This position is a match for an early to mid-career seller looking to build on their professional skills and leverage their existing relationships, while fully immersed in one of the fastest growing sectors of the digital media landscape. As a Captivate Director, National Advertising Sales you will be responsible for selling advertising and sponsorships onto our elevator and lobby network to marketers and their advertising and media agencies. Your scope of responsibility is defined by lists of current and potential national and multimarket advertisers who fall within a specific geography, and are connected to certain media agency networks. Your goal is to meet your assigned annual quota by positioning the Captivate brand, including complementary products and opportunities, in a strategic and compelling fashion to secure advertising revenue. Additionally, you will be expected to represent the Captivate brand at industry events and with relevant business and media organizations where there is opportunity to extend your influence and develop incremental opportunities. You will be supported in your efforts by an impressive breadth of marketing and research resources, including dedicated staff, and the latest tools.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Engage new advertisers by positioning Captivate’s digital space in a compelling, strategic manner
- Own the entire sales cycle from prospecting, proposal delivery, negotiation and account management
- Deliver proposals that exceed advertisers and agency marketing objectives and expectations
- Develop and maintain relationships within agencies and brands, demonstrating a thorough understanding of the account’s organization, needs and revenue potential
- Meet & exceed quarterly and annual sales targets as well as assuming campaign ownership
- A minimum of 5-7 years of direct selling experience to national clients and strategic agency planning teams in the digital video industry
- Digital video media sales, either for a publisher or ad network experience preferred
- The ability to sell through innovative multi-platform media programs
- A proven track record of establishing relationships with agency/buying and client decision makers
- A proven track record of exceeding revenue goals
- A current network of established client and senior agency relationships
- Strong interpersonal communication skills required for outbound sales disciplines, including excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Desire to work in a personally rewarding position, on a committed team, in a challenging, fast-paced industry
Why You Should Work at Captivate
Captivate offers a generous FTO (flexible time off) policy, matching 401k, commuter benefits & health insurance programs offered through Cigna. We encourage work-life balance through team building activities, employee outings and celebratory events. Captivate offers a great work environment and the opportunity to make an impact.
Meet Some of Captivate's Employees
Account Executive, Regional Advertising Sales
Christina oversees client accounts, from prospect stages straight through to post-campaign result reports, ensuring that advertisers reach every objective they set for themselves through completely customized strategies.
Back to top