Business Development Representative
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Lead Generation: Generate new business using direct outreach using a cross section of phone and email. Qualify potentials to ensure there are viable new business opportunities within target market. Be resourceful in using multiple approaches to penetrate prospective accounts. Develop new qualified leads through to the opportunity stage.
- Pipeline management: Ensure prospective clients and existing opportunities continue to move through the pipeline by updating account activities, prioritization of upcoming deals, and assisting the team in account projections
- CRM ownership. Maintain and update CRM (client relationship management) tool as needed to set up new accounts, maintain prospect lists, and be accountable for account progression
What you’ll be doing:
- Generate new qualified opportunities for Captivate Ad Sales department
- Manage your own pipeline of target accounts
- Customize lead generation campaigns based on researching prospects to determine best suited positioning
- Analyze campaign effectiveness and suggest improvements
- Share success stories and challenges with the BDR team to create faster learning for everyone
- Continue to refine and hone your prospecting skills
We’re looking for people who...
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- Entrepreneurial discipline to take initiative, be creative, and have excellent follow through
- Can maintain high activity volumes, and be accountable to goals and quotas
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Well versed in MS Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Superior communication skills and a go-getter personality
- Comfortable with ambiguity; highly adaptable to new circumstances
- Natural curiosity to interface with others and ask questions
- Not easily intimidated and can confidently interact with all levels of an organization
- Thrive in fast-paced and high-energy environments and can think on their feet to rapidly understand and solve problems
Bonus Points for candidates who have...
- Worked in a customer facing position
- Worked in a startup
- Started your own business or non-profit
Why You Should Work at Captivate
Captivate offers a generous FTO (flexible time off) policy, matching 401k, commuter benefits & health insurance programs. We encourage work-life balance through team building activities, employee outings and celebratory events. If you are looking to join a growing, dynamic company with a great work environment and the opportunity to make an impact, Captivate is for you!
Meet Some of Captivate's Employees
Account Executive, Regional Advertising Sales
Christina oversees client accounts, from prospect stages straight through to post-campaign result reports, ensuring that advertisers reach every objective they set for themselves through completely customized strategies.
Back to top