As a Bilingual Editor, you will spend your days immersed in the news, researching and producing engaging content for Captivate’s network of digital screens in the office environment. Your purpose will be to empower busy professionals with actionable information throughout their work day. If you’re a news junkie looking to exercise your editing skills in the digital space, this may be an excellent career step for you. You can make a difference in our fun, dynamic and hardworking office culture. This is an on-going, contract assignment. We’re looking for someone to work 30-40 hours a week, preferably out of our Toronto office. Remote candidates based in Montreal or Ottawa will also be considered.
- Comb our content providers’ websites for fresh, compelling and relevant content, and edit the info into easily digestible news nuggets for our digital space in both English and French.
- Minimal translation.
- Maintain Captivate’s voice and style.
- Brainstorm and develop sponsorable content for advertisers.
- Cultivate creativity, as there will be opportunities to develop original programming features.
- A Bachelor of Journalism or degree in another relevant field.
- At least 2 years of editorial experience on any platform that demonstrates familiarity with CP style.
- Familiarity with Ottawa culture
- Skills with basic photo editing including Photoshop.
- Fluency in social media.
- Meticulous copy editing skills, sound news judgment and an ability to meet multiple deadlines daily.
- Ability to work at 6 am, out of our Toronto office.
- Ability to work 30-40 hours a week in an on-going, contract assignment, preferably out of our Toronto office. Remote candidates based in Montreal or Ottawa will also be considered.
Why You Should Work at Captivate
Captivate encourages work-life balance through team building activities, employee outings and celebratory events. Captivate offers a great work environment and provides employees the opportunity to make an impact, through employer gift match programs & volunteer opportunities.
Meet Some of Captivate's Employees
Senior Sales & Traffic Coordinator
Genevieve acts as a liaison between Captivate’s Advertising Sales and Traffic Teams in order to ensure clear communications and flawless campaign creation for company clients.
Back to top