Ad Sales Coordinator
Captivate is a high growth company and an exciting place for personal and professional development. The company is owned by a private equity firm, Gannett Corporation and management; is headquartered in New York City; and has offices throughout the U.S. and Canada. We are an equal opportunity employer. Please visit www.captivate.com.
We have an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented sales support professional looking to grow skills, expand responsibility and move your career forward in a friendly and growing company.
This position is critical to the Advertising Sales Team and is an excellent position for an individual seeking a career path in advertising sales. Reporting to the Sales Planning Supervisor, this is the connecting role supporting the Planning and Ad Sales teams in all phases of the sales to post-sales process. The person in this role should be extremely well-organized, detail oriented, and have a "can-do" approach. This person will have a high energy level and effectively build relationships with team members, including those across other business areas, and with external partners at all levels. He or she will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, enthusiastic, resourceful, and efficient. A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial in this role, as well as a commitment to superior service.
- Help support the Sales Planning team with tasks such as:
- Assist in media buying tasks or special projects
- Verify insertion dates, rates, and secure ad materials
- Track ad copy/creative approval by inventory partner
- Track ad fulfillment and resolution of issues
- Understand and participate in the following ad sales concepts, processes and procedures:
- Contract procedures
- Barter / trade procedures
- Revision and cancellation procedures
- Become proficient with Captivate’s sales systems and sales tools in managing companies, contacts, accounts, opportunities, contracts, etc. including:
- Sales CRM System (Pivotal)
- General direct or indirect support to sales rep, client and / or agency
- A bachelor’s degree plus at least 1-2 years of relevant support experience in a marketing, advertising or an appropriate sales environment and that demonstrates a detail oriented, highly organized working style
- Knowledge of the ad sales process and experience coordinating detailed advertising campaigns with knowledge of media preferred
- Strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in successfully communicating both verbally and in writing
- Detail orientated; commitment to quality work product; and well organized
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Excellent ability to manage initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and meet deadlines
Why You Should Work at Captivate
Captivate offers a generous FTO (flexible time off) policy, matching 401k, commuter benefits & health insurance programs. We encourage work-life balance through team building activities, employee outings and celebratory events. If you are looking to join a growing, dynamic company with a great work environment and the opportunity to make an impact, Captivate is for you!
This is an excellent position in a dynamic and growing company !!
APPLY: Please email your resume now to our recruiter at hr [email protected] If you've read this far and we’re not the right fit, maybe you know someone who'd appreciate a high quality referral.
Back to top