User Experience (UX) Analyst
CapTech is a national IT management consulting firm that bridges the gap between business and technology. We partner with some of the world's most successful companies to design, develop, and manage technical and digital solutions that delight customers, drive insights, and meet strategic objectives.
At CapTech, you’ll experience a flat organizational structure based upon a culture of mutual respect. Here, your career path isn’t set in stone, and you have unlimited potential for growth and the resources to help you achieve your career goals. If you are creative, technically insightful, driven–and have a passion for the work that we do, then you might be a future CapTecher.
For over five years, we have been in the Top 10 of Consulting Magazine’s Best Firms to Work For, including #2 for IT Firms and #5 for Work/Life Balance. We are also recognized by Vault.com’s Top 50 Consulting Firms and have been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies for over 10 years
CapTech User Experience (UX) Analysts have a strong interest and capabilities in the research and design of engaging and innovative user experiences. They thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. They excel at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas to a Customer Experience engagement. They also have extensive experience in a fast-paced and innovative development environment. A thorough understanding of contemporary user-centered design methodologies is critically important.
Specific responsibilities of the UX Analyst position include:
- Collaborating on user experience planning.
- Consulting with clients and a range of team members.
- Researching interaction design trends and apply to deliverables.
- Researching technology trends that apply appropriately for a given project.
- Creating/designing wireframes, process flows, user personas, and journey maps.
- Use storyboarding, task analysis, and user research tasks to capture and develop user requirements.
- Conducting user research activities such as usability testing, ethnographic research, card sorts, and surveys.
- Analyze web analytics to generate meaningful usage insights
- Working knowledge of accessibility requirements is a plus
Specific qualifications for the UX Analyst position include:
- Five or more years of experience conducting UX analysis for software, Web applications which leverage emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices.
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills preferred.
- Ability to create wireframes and a strong working knowledge of Axure, or other similar prototyping tools such as iRise, or Justinmind,
- Experience with user interface design patterns and best practice.
- Experience conducting usability tests, card sorts, field studies, survey analysis, and journey map analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of common software project management practices.
- Understanding of common software development practices.
- 4-year+ degree, BA or BS in design, information sciences, HCI, or psychology.
- Ability to travel 2-3 days per week.
- A portfolio demonstrating your ability to research and design is required.
- Willing to travel 2 to 3 days at a time.
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.
Meet Some of CapTech's Employees
Manager & Solutions Architect
As a Manager and Solutions Architect at CapTech, Owen is responsible for designing and establishing software solutions for clients.
Back to top