Senior Visual Designer
CapTech is an award-winning national management technology-consulting firm with an enterprising, entrepreneurial environment. We have achieved three straight years ranked in the Top 10 of Consulting Magazine’s Best Firms to Work For, including #1 rankings in Employee Development and Meeting our Clients' Needs in 2014. Additionally, we made our debut in the Vault rankings placing #28 within the Vault Consulting 50 and #10 in Vault's Best Boutique Consulting Firm.
At CapTech you’ll experience a flat organizational structure with access to constant learning -- where your career path isn’t set in stone, and you have unlimited potential for growth. CapTech is based upon a culture of mutual respect. We look for, and hire the best. The creatively innovative, the technically insightful, the driven, the self-managed, the value conscious, the caring, and the gracious person – these are all qualities that we look for along with a love and a passion for the work that we do.
We are seeking a talented Senior Visual Designer with a track record of envisioning and creating sophisticated web and mobile interfaces to join our rapidly growing creative team.
The CapTech Visual Designer is a creative thinker who is able to translate client goals and user needs into strategic visual designs and elegant interface concepts that just work, regardless of platform. They have an advanced understanding of interaction design and fundamental graphic design principles. They are curious and keep up with the latest design innovations, and are able to design across multiple projects in a variety of design aesthetics. They contribute to the definition of design and/or digital brand style guidelines…sometimes getting to redefine the visual identity of the client organization itself. They are self-starters, excellent collaborators, yet accepting of feedback from clients and direction from Art Directors and Creative Directors. Extreme attention to detail and ability to uphold and deliver work at the highest quality standards are essential. Bottom line: we are looking for designers who lack inhibition and complacency when it comes to delivering design excellence. Sound like you?
Please include a link to your online portfolio with your application in order to be considered.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A portfolio showcasing excellent web and mobile interface designs for projects where you served as the principle designer
- Passion for designing clean, elegant, and highly usable interfaces that engage and motivate users
- Advanced level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Advanced design sense and mastery of typography, color, and layout, especially how all three work in a responsive context
- Ability to communicate concepts and strategies through wireframes, mockups, sketches, and written specifications
- Knowledge of best practices and tools used in user-focused design
- Flexibility when working through design revisions, from initial brainstorming to execution and refinement
- Ability to quickly experiment & iterate on interface and interaction concepts
- Expert understanding of technical considerations related to delivering dev- or launch-ready digital assets
- Excellent organization skills for collaborative work
- 3-5+ years of professional experience
- 4-year+ degree, B.A. in Design, Fine Arts or similar
- Willingness to travel 2 - 3 days at a time
Preferred but not required
- Experience using Sketch and/or Zeplin
- Ability to prototype your designs in HTML/CSS
- Experience with consulting
- Familiar with data visualization techniques
- Experience with Axure for wireframing and/or prototyping
- Experience designing for print
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.
Meet Some of CapTech's Employees
Manager & Solutions Architect
As a Manager and Solutions Architect at CapTech, Owen is responsible for designing and establishing software solutions for clients.
Back to top