Senior Proposal Manager
CapTech is a national IT management consulting firm that bridges the gap between business and technology. We partner with some of the world's most successful companies to design, develop, and manage technical and digital solutions that delight customers, drive insights, and meet strategic objectives.
At CapTech, you’ll experience a flat organizational structure based upon a culture of mutual respect. Here, your career path isn’t set in stone, and you have unlimited potential for growth and the resources to help you achieve your career goals. If you are creative, technically insightful, driven–and have a passion for the work that we do, then you might be a future CapTecher.
For over five years, we have been in the Top 10 of Consulting Magazine’s Best Firms to Work For, including #2 for IT Firms and #5 for Work/Life Balance. We are also recognized by Vault.com’s Top 50 Consulting Firms and have been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies for over 10 years.
CapTech Ventures, Inc. seeks a full-time Senior Proposal Manager to manage both commercial and State/Local government proposals from kickoff to contract award. The successful candidate will work as an integral part of CapTech’s proposal and business development (BD) departments. Responsibilities include full proposal lifecycle management, document management, communicating with team members [internal and external], working with the BD Lead to formulate a winning proposal strategy, and writing/editing text. Our proposal team works with technical subject matter experts on the development of solutions and win themes. CapTech needs someone with a strategic mindset and an analytical focus who is results-driven, detail oriented, flexible, and enthusiastic, and who can communicate and present at all levels. We are looking for a well-rounded person who can look at both the finer details as well as the bigger picture.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Reading and interpreting solicitations to identify critical items required for compliant responses, as well as strategies for winning and risks.
- Creating proposal schedules, compliance matrices, and proposal outlines.
- Leading activities required to successfully assemble and manage multi-functional virtual teams who are located nationally.
- Interviewing Subject Matter Experts and independently developing content/writing proposal sections with their assistance/input.
- Assisting other writers by providing shell proposal sections, graphics, draft cover letters, and boilerplate materials.
- Formatting/creating documents, presentations, and spreadsheets as needed in response to solicitations and tracking internal processes.
- Identifying, assessing, resolving, and/ or escalating issues as needed.
- Reviewing proposals to ensure sections comply with RFP requirements, contain win strategies, and comply with format and style criteria.
- Maintaining proposal libraries.
Required skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, English, Communications, Business, or applicable field.
- At least 8 years experience managing services proposals (non-product proposals), with Information Technology (IT) services proposals a plus. Federal experience is welcomed and could be applied to State/Local procurements.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint or Keynote, Excel, and SharePoint.
- Must have the ability to gain and hold attention of executives as well as facilitate communications in proposal meetings.
- Must be willing to be flexible in work hours and demonstrate commitment to meeting tight deadlines with grace.
- Excellent language skills, including writing, editing, and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Displays professionalism and integrity.
- Work from one of CapTech’s office locations.
- Willingness to travel domestically up to 2 days per month. Expectation would be for the candidate to spend the first 4 weeks in the DC (Reston, VA) office for training and team assimilation (travel Monday through Thursday).
Preferred skills and abilities:
- Certification, membership, and/or training from Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) or accredited training provider.
- Familiarity with proposal process best practices, e.g., “Shipley Process” or similar.
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.
Meet Some of CapTech's Employees
Manager & Solutions Architect
As a Manager and Solutions Architect at CapTech, Owen is responsible for designing and establishing software solutions for clients.
Back to top