Managing Director – Government Solutions
CapTech is a national IT management consulting firm that bridges the gap between business and technology. We partner with some of the world's most successful companies to design, develop, and manage technical and digital solutions that delight customers, drive insights, and meet strategic objectives.
At CapTech, you’ll experience a flat organizational structure based upon a culture of mutual respect. Here, your career path isn’t set in stone, and you have unlimited potential for growth and the resources to help you achieve your career goals. If you are creative, technically insightful, driven–and have a passion for the work that we do, then you might be a future CapTecher.
For over five years, we have been in the Top 10 of Consulting Magazine’s Best Firms to Work For, including #2 for IT Firms and #5 for Work/Life Balance. We are also recognized by Vault.com’s Top 50 Consulting Firms and have been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies for over 10 years.
The Managing Director will partner with the State and Gov't Leadership team to drive the overall Practice. This person is responsible for the day-to-day delivery and operations management of the Government Solutions Business Unit, encompassing a portfolio of vertically aligned clients. This role involves developing and implementing high-impact strategies and solutions based on financial, technology and market analyses to help expand consulting engagements, as well as increase the profitability and performance of consulting clients.
The Managing Director will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team that sets overall CapTech strategy and drives company-wide strategic initiatives.
Specific responsibilities for the Managing Director include but are not limited to:
- Provide and develop strategic direction and vision for the Government Solutions Business Unit that aligns with current clients’ needs and future market demands.
- Support and drive marketing, product management, and legal and financial management.
- Support the creation of Delivery Capabilities and Go-To Market strategies.
- Ensure required processes, tools and policies relating to financial, people, marketing and delivery management are in place and managed operationally.
- Partner with various practice and solution leaders to address complex client needs and/or opportunities.
- Partner with Gov't Solutions leadership team to manage the P&L and annual budget development and ongoing analysis.
Delivery Oversight & Account Management
- Develop long term partnerships with Senior level and C-suite executives to drive client success.
- Oversee program and project execution across multiple accounts and teams ensuring compliance with standards and methodology.
- Construct and ensure statements of work meet client objectives and provide clear and achievable objectives and milestones.
- Manage, escalate and mitigate project and account risks as they are encountered.
- Provide quality assurance function for requirements analysis, solution architecture and design, development and integration tasks, testing processes and documentation, along with overarching delivery execution.
- Oversee projects and P&L, ensuring high-quality delivery of projects that exceed client expectations.
- Attract, Engage, Develop and Retain a team of high-performing consultants.
- Lead and mentor the team to drive ongoing development of the practice to meet the demands of the clients.
- Partner with Corporate Resource Management to ensure staff maintains utilization targets across Business Units.
- Develop the team by providing opportunities for individuals to increase their capabilities through training and development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 12 + years experience in IT and Management Consulting
- At least 5 + years leadership experience consulting in State and/or Local Government, growing accounts, client delivery and leading teams.
- Solid understanding of 2 of the following areas: Data & Analytics, Management Consulting, System Integration, and Customer Experience.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across a consulting organization with other industry verticals, centers of excellence, and practices.
- Experience providing strategic vision as well as rolling up sleeves to define requirements, practical solution design, business case development and solution implementation.
- Proven ability developing Account Plans.
- Strong client relationship and consulting skills with specific experience engaging C-Suite/Senior IT and Business Leadership.
- Trusted advisor and thought leader with client influencers, project leaders, managers, and decision makers.
- Successful track record in project management and service delivery, structuring and completing milestone-based assignments, delivering on time, meeting budgets, and ensuring deliverables are high-quality to meet client goals and expectations.
- Ability to travel at least 50% - travel is dependent on specific program and client requirements and will thus fluctuate based on current workload and sales activity.
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.
Meet Some of CapTech's Employees
Manager & Solutions Architect
As a Manager and Solutions Architect at CapTech, Owen is responsible for designing and establishing software solutions for clients.
Back to top