CapTech is an award-winning national management technology-consulting firm with an enterprising, entrepreneurial environment. We have achieved three straight years ranked in the Top 10 of Consulting Magazine’s Best Firms to Work For, including #1 rankings in Employee Development and Meeting our Clients' Needs in 2014. Additionally, we made our debut in the Vault rankings placing #28 within the Vault Consulting 50 and #10 in Vault's Best Boutique Consulting Firm.
At CapTech you’ll experience a flat organizational structure with access to constant learning -- where your career path isn’t set in stone, and you have unlimited potential for growth. CapTech is based upon a culture of mutual respect. We look for, and hire the best. The creatively innovative, the technically insightful, the driven, the self-managed, the value conscious, the caring, and the gracious person – these are all qualities that we look for along with a love and a passion for the work that we do.
Java Engineers at CapTech are part of an intelligent, highly motivated community who strive to continuously learn the latest tools and architectures to deliver innovative solutions for our clients. They are involved in the design, development and delivery of vital internal and customer facing systems in partnership with a variety of Fortune 500 clients. CapTech engineers enjoy a collaborative environment and have many opportunities to learn from and share knowledge with other CapTech engineers, architects, and our clients. CapTech Java Engineers deliver solutions for clients that include: REST and traditional SOAP based clients and services, JavaEE based integrations, cloud based deployments, and web and portal front ends.
Specific responsibilities for the Java Engineer position include:
- Understand the challenges being addressed by an engagement and collaborate with team members and clients to deliver a technical solution that meet the unique needs of our clients.
- Create quality deliverables to communicate technical solutions to appropriate audiences.
- Design, develop and test Java based solutions using common standards and frameworks such as JAXB, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JPA, JavaEE, Spring, and Hibernate.
- Leverage CapTech’s internal programs and self-directed training to continually develop industry relevant knowledge and skills.
- Provide technical mentoring and leadership to more junior resources.
Specific qualifications for the Java Engineer position include:
- Demonstrated progression and growth as a Java Engineer through past career experiences.
- Familiarity with multi-system integration and common issues that can arise when integrating enterprise technologies.
- Ability to create high quality documentation to present technical ideas and high-level solutions, and communicate effectively to team members with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Understanding of performance testing and optimization techniques.
- High proficiency with development tools and workflows (modern source control systems, unit testing, continuous workflow, etc.).
- Experience with popular Java libraries and frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, jBPM).
- Familiarity with the creation, and validation of SOAP and REST based clients and web services.
- Understanding, and experience with database technologies including Oracle, MS SQL Server, NoSQL and/or DB2.
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture that filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
- Competitive salary with performance based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
Meet Some of CapTech's Employees
Manager & Solutions Architect
As a Manager and Solutions Architect at CapTech, Owen is responsible for designing and establishing software solutions for clients.
Back to top