CapTech is a national IT management consulting firm that bridges the gap between business and technology. We partner with some of the world's most successful companies to design, develop, and manage technical and digital solutions that delight customers, drive insights, and meet strategic objectives.
At CapTech, you’ll experience a flat organizational structure based upon a culture of mutual respect. Here, your career path isn’t set in stone, and you have unlimited potential for growth and the resources to help you achieve your career goals. If you are creative, technically insightful, driven–and have a passion for the work that we do, then you might be a future CapTecher.
For over five years, we have been in the Top 10 of Consulting Magazine’s Best Firms to Work For, including #2 for IT Firms and #5 for Work/Life Balance. We are also recognized by Vault.com’s Top 50 Consulting Firms and have been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies for over 10 years.
Java Engineers at CapTech are part of an intelligent, highly motivated community who strive to continuously learn the latest tools and architectures to deliver innovative solutions for our clients. They are involved in the design, development and delivery of vital internal and customer facing systems in partnership with a variety of Fortune 500 clients. CapTech engineers enjoy a collaborative environment and have many opportunities to learn from and share knowledge with other CapTech engineers, architects, and our clients. CapTech Java Engineers deliver solutions for clients that include: REST and traditional SOAP based clients and services, JavaEE based integrations, cloud based deployments, and web and portal front ends.
Specific responsibilities for the Java Engineer position include:
- Understand the challenges being addressed by an engagement and collaborate with team members and clients to deliver a technical solution that meet the unique needs of our clients.
- Create quality deliverables to communicate technical solutions to appropriate audiences.
- Design, develop and test Java based solutions using common standards and frameworks such as JAXB, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JPA, JavaEE, Spring, and Hibernate.
- Leverage CapTech’s internal programs and self-directed training to continually develop industry relevant knowledge and skills.
- Provide technical mentoring and leadership to more junior resources.
Specific qualifications for the Java Engineer position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated progression and growth as a Java Engineer through past career experiences.
- Familiarity with multi-system integration and common issues that can arise when integrating enterprise technologies.
- Ability to create high quality documentation to present technical ideas and high-level solutions, and communicate effectively to team members with varying degrees of technical knowledge.
- Understanding of performance testing and optimization techniques.
- High proficiency with development tools and workflows (modern source control systems, unit testing, continuous workflow, etc.).
- Experience with popular Java libraries and frameworks (Spring, Hibernate, jBPM).
- Familiarity with the creation, and validation of SOAP and REST based clients and web services.
- Understanding, and experience with database technologies including Oracle, MS SQL Server, NoSQL and/or DB2.
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.
Back to top