Data Visualization Developer
- Charlotte, NC
CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.
CapTech Data Visualization Engineers collaborate between business operations and IT services by offering expertise in evaluating, understanding, and leveraging data to help clients make informed decisions. Our business intelligence consultants help our clients effectively leverage dashboarding and data tools to build strong, robust and dynamic systems that will serve the client’s long-term strategic goals. They enable our clients to analytical insights to gain competitive advantages, increase sales, improve sales, improve core business competencies and satisfy today’s escalating customer expectations.
Specific responsibilities for the Data Visualization Specialist include:
- Explore data to design, develop, and test dashboard solutions for a variety of industries.
- Visualize and calculate metrics, KPIs from various data sources.
- Work closely with data engineering, data architects, BSAs to develop end to end reporting solutions.
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions with business and technical stakeholders to distill data and reporting requirements.
- Optimize reports to ensure a responsive solution when visualization vast amounts of data.
- Make recommendations regarding visualization optimization, implementation, testing, productionalizing
- Create documentation for best practices, training, and maintenance.
- Understand and anticipate the needs of business teams to determine the best approach to effectively meet those needs through data visualizations.
- Incorporate performance and data quality considerations into visualization planning and delivery
Specific qualifications for the Data Visualization include:
- At least 5 years dashboard design and data analysis experience.
- Experience with visualization software: Tableau, Power BI, Amazon QuickSight, Birst, QlikView etc
- Working knowledge of various data platforms, such as Teradata, Oracle, MS SQL server, cloud services
- Hands-on experience with ETL, ELT, data ingestion, or munging.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively at all levels of the client’s organization.
- Proven success leading a team in the development of reports and visualizations
- Additional qualifications
Experience building and managing data flows from a variety of sources including spreadsheets, relational databases, files, cloud and big data sources using Tableau Prep, Alteryx, Power BI flows etc.
Tableau or Power BI Certification a plus
Project experience within an Agile, Scrum, SAFe framework a plus
Experience deploying and managing servers, launching visualizations enterprise wide
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands-on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.
Back to top