- Richmond, VA
CapTech is an award-winning national management technology-consulting firm with an enterprising, entrepreneurial environment. We have achieved four straight years ranked in the Top 10 of Consulting Magazine’s Best Firms to Work For, including a #5 ranking overall in 2015. Additionally, we placed 28th within the Vault Consulting 50 for the second year in a row, including a #5 ranking in work/life balance.
At CapTech you’ll experience a flat organizational structure with access to constant learning -- where your career path isn’t set in stone, and you have unlimited potential for growth. CapTech is based upon a culture of mutual respect. We look for, and hire the best. The creatively innovative, the technically insightful, the driven, the self-managed, the value conscious, the caring, and the gracious person – these are all qualities that we look for along with a love and a passion for the work that we do.
As a Data and Analytics Architect at CapTech, is a leadership role and you will be tasked with understanding our clients’ business goals and developing a strategy to support a successful implementation. This strategy should capitalize on technology insights to improve the value of analytical data, improve effectiveness of information stewardship, and streamline the flow of data in the organization. After gaining in-depth understanding of the client’s business challenges, our architects apply experience-based insight and use state-of-the-art tools and techniques to identify the best solutions.
Specific responsibilities for the Data Architect position include:
- Interpret and deliver impactful plans that specify strategy and improve data integration, data quality and data delivery in support of business initiatives and roadmaps to achieve results.
- Manage, develop and influence data and cross fuctioning teams
- Collaborate with end users, development staff, and business analysts to ensure that prospective data architecture plans maximize the value of client data across the organization.
- Articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the advantages/disadvantages of each.
- Participate in the gathering of functional requirements and offer insight in the functional design process.
- Ensures that technical requirements are met and deployable/demonstrable.
- Initiate, evaluate, and influence data projects based on the perspective of the client’s entire organization.
- Set standards for data management and conceive projects needed to eliminate the gap between current state and future goals.
- Hands-on project and development work, as demanded by the project and client role.
Specific qualifications for the Data Architect position include:
- Ability to think strategically and relate architectural decisions/recommendations to business needs and client culture.
- Continue to develop strategies around data and workforce management
- Experience in the design and implementation of data architecture solutions.
- Familiarity with BI tools such as Tableau and Microsoft Power BI.
- Experience with data integration tools such as SSIS or Informatica.
- Familiarity with modern data architectures and concepts such as streaming, Big Data as a Service, schema on read and real-time data access.
- Experience with at least two different RDBMS, such as Teradata, Oracle or MS SQL server.
- Ability to assess traditional and modern architectural components required based on business needs.
- Experienced across all phases of data modeling, from conceptualization to database optimization.
- Knowledge of how to assess the performance of data solutions, how to diagnose performance problems, and tools used to monitor and tune performance.
- Cloud-based Data Warehousing experience a plus.
- Experience with customer, billing, and transactional systems a plus.
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands-on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance-based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements). At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.
Back to top