CapTech is a national IT management consulting firm that bridges the gap between business and technology. We partner with some of the world's most successful companies to design, develop, and manage technical and digital solutions that delight customers, drive insights, and meet strategic objectives.
At CapTech, you’ll experience a flat organizational structure based upon a culture of mutual respect. Here, your career path isn’t set in stone, and you have unlimited potential for growth and the resources to help you achieve your career goals. If you are creative, technically insightful, driven–and have a passion for the work that we do, then you might be a future CapTecher.
For over five years, we have been in the Top 10 of Consulting Magazine’s Best Firms to Work For, including #2 for IT Firms and #5 for Work/Life Balance. We are also recognized by Vault.com’s Top 50 Consulting Firms and have been on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies for over 10 years.
As the digital experience arm of a fast-growing and innovative technology consulting firm, we fuse insights, creativity, and technology to design and produce brand experiences that engage customers, generate business value, and enhance brand loyalty. The digital experiences we create not only win awards, they drive measurable value for our clients and deliver meaningful experiences for their customers and their lives. We are a group of user researchers, product designers, content strategists, experience architects, UI designers, and creative technologists who appreciate craft beer, drink too much caffeine, debate the virtues of cats vs. dogs, have divergent tastes in music, and are united by a passion for designing brand experiences that people actually want to use.
As a creative leader of the CX group, you will help influence user behavior and enhance brand-customer relationships by guiding the creation of elegant, innovative digital products and services. Your colleagues and clients look to you to provide the vision they need to solve their most pressing business challenges. People see you as a strategic thinker, but also a skilled practitioner when the work demands it. You bring exceptional creative insight and drive, delivering projects from insight through implementation, in partnership with the multi-discipline teams and the client. You lead, but as important, you listen.
You seek the best ideas, regardless of source, and deliver persuasive client presentations with confidence, but as a servant leader, you check your ego at the door. You are comfortable with enterprise-scale challenges, inspiring and motivating teams of designers and researchers to produce engaging, multi-channel digital solutions. You are not satisfied with “good enough” design decisions. You have your own style and personality; more importantly, you are committed to helping brands uncover, enhance, and express their own. Above all, you understand that your job is not just to make the client happy, it is to make them successful.
Although most of your work will be client-focused, you will also mentor and coach more junior talent. Your expert knowledge of human centered design principles and methods will guide the creative direction of projects, while helping teams avoid pitfalls and navigate rapids. You advocate for the value of CX strategy, experience design, content strategy, and human-centered design both among your colleagues and with our clients, helping to win new business and deepen relationships with existing clients. Your management and leadership skills will help nurture future design leaders and expand our practice.
Please include a link to sample work with your application in order to be considered, and be prepared to explain your process and rationale behind the work.
- 4-year degree in a design-related discipline and 10+ years of digital agency or design consulting experience.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects and more than one account simultaneously, while successfully delivering against scope and budget. (Typical projects would be $250K+ for design work only or $1.25M+ for design & build.)
- Natural leader, who exudes creativity, professionalism, and maturity in all aspects of team and client relationship-building.
- Ability to give insightful and constructive feedback on the design of the experience, including interactions, information architecture, content, layout, aesthetics, and overall alignment with goals and brand.
- Excellence in thought leadership, presentation, and communication skills with a track record of innovative blog writing or presenting to/teaching others.
- Thought leadership as demonstrated by a distinct voice and the ability to contribute to the strategic development of an assignment, to develop creative ideas, and the ability to promote innovative customer-centric digital experiences.
- Fluency in multiple domains of user-centered experience design including participatory design, brand and product strategy, information architecture, interaction and interface design, user research, content strategy, and customer insight.
- Excellent portfolio of work that demonstrates expertise across digital solutions from web-based, to mobile, to wearables or other digitally enabled devices.
- Proven ability and experience in leading, directing and managing a group of cross-disciplinary teams and excellent client relationship management skills.
- Willingness to travel, both to ensure delivery and to drive new business. Experience estimating, planning, and leading complex design experience projects
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
- Competitive salary with performance based bonus opportunities
- Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
- Team building and social activities
- Mentor program to help you develop your career
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.
Meet Some of CapTech's Employees
Manager & Solutions Architect
As a Manager and Solutions Architect at CapTech, Owen is responsible for designing and establishing software solutions for clients.
Back to top