Cloud Data Architect - Azure
CapTech is an award-winning national management technology-consulting firm with an enterprising, entrepreneurial environment. We have achieved four straight years ranked in the Top 10 of Consulting Magazine’s Best Firms to Work For, including a #5 ranking overall in 2015. Additionally, we placed 28th within the Vault Consulting 50 for the second year in a row, including a #5 ranking in work/life balance.
At CapTech you’ll experience a flat organizational structure with access to constant learning -- where your career path isn’t set in stone, and you have unlimited potential for growth. CapTech is based upon a culture of mutual respect. We look for, and hire the best. The creatively innovative, the technically insightful, the driven, the self-managed, the value conscious, the caring, and the gracious person – these are all qualities that we look for along with a love and a passion for the work that we do.
The Cloud Data Architect works in the Data & Analytics practice area at CapTech. Data & Analytics provides a spectrum of services to help clients define and build mission-critical analytic capabilities that last. Our Cloud Data Architects deliver on the promise of the cloud by designing and implementing agile, scalable, and cost efficiency solution on cloud data services.
- Design and implement end-to-end data solutions (storage, integration, processing, visualization) in Azure
- Design and implement database solutions in Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure SQL
- Migrate data from traditional database systems to Azure databases
- Implement ad-hoc analysis solutions using Azure Data Lake Analytics/Store, HDInsight
- Architect and implement ETL and data movement solutions using Azure Data Factory, SSIS
- Design and implement streaming solutions using Kafka or Azure Stream Analytics
- Design and develop data visualizations in Power BI
- Prepare documentation and architectural designs
- Propose architectures that consider cost/spend in Azure and develop recommendations to right-size Azure data infrastructure
- Work with similar Microsoft on-prem data platforms, specifically SQL Server and related technologies such as SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Embodies our core values of servant leadership, intellectual curiosity, flexibility, trustworthiness, and enthusiasm
- 3-5 years experience with Azure storage solutions such as Azure Storage, Azure Storage Disks, and Azure Files
- 5-8 years experience with Azure data solutions such as Azure SQL, SQL Data Warehouse, Data Lake Analytics/Store, HDInsight
- Solid understanding of/experience with streaming solutions such as Kafka and Azure Stream Analytics
- Solid understanding of/experience with Microsoft SQL Server and related technologies
- Basic understanding of Azure solutions outside of the Azure storage and data platforms
- Basic understanding of Azure non-relational data solutions such as Azure Cosmos D
- Preferred certifications:
- Microsoft 70-473 Designing and Implementing Cloud Data Platform Solutions
- Microsoft 70-475 Designing and Implementing Big Data Analytics Solutions
- Microsoft 70-776: Engineering Data with Microsoft Cloud Services
- Microsoft 70-778: Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Power BI
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
· Competitive salary with performance based bonus opportunities
· Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
· Short-Term and Long-Term disability
· Matching 401(k)
· Competitive Paid Time Off
· Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
· Team building and social activities
· Mentor program to help you develop your career
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.
Meet Some of CapTech's Employees
Eric partners directly with CapTech clients to develop and deliver creative solutions for any problems at hand.
Back to top