Cloud Data Architect - AWS
CapTech is an award-winning national management technology-consulting firm with an enterprising, entrepreneurial environment. We have achieved four straight years ranked in the Top 10 of Consulting Magazine’s Best Firms to Work For, including a #5 ranking overall in 2015. Additionally, we placed 28th within the Vault Consulting 50 for the second year in a row, including a #5 ranking in work/life balance.
At CapTech you’ll experience a flat organizational structure with access to constant learning -- where your career path isn’t set in stone, and you have unlimited potential for growth. CapTech is based upon a culture of mutual respect. We look for, and hire the best. The creatively innovative, the technically insightful, the driven, the self-managed, the value conscious, the caring, and the gracious person – these are all qualities that we look for along with a love and a passion for the work that we do.
The Cloud Data Architect works in the Data & Analytics practice area at CapTech. Data & Analytics provides a spectrum of services to help clients define and build mission-critical analytic capabilities that last. Our Cloud Data Architects deliver on the promise of the cloud by designing and implementing agile, scalable, and cost efficiency solution on cloud data services.
- Design, develop, and implement end-to-end data solutions (storage, integration, processing, access) in AWS
- Architect and implement ETL and data movement solutions using AWS Glue
- Prepare documentation and designs for AWS data solutions and applications
- Design and implement distributed analytics platforms for analyst teams
- Design and implement high velocity streaming solutions using Amazon Kinesis, SQS, and SMS
- Migrate data from traditional relational database systems to AWS relational databases such as Amazon RDS, Aurora, and Redshift
- Implement ad-hoc analysis solutions using Athena
- Propose architectures that consider cost/spend in AWS and develop recommendations or plans to right-size AWS data infrastructure
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Embodies our core values of servant leadership, intellectual curiosity, flexibility, trustworthiness, and enthusiasm
- A solid understanding of AWS storage solutions such as S3, EFS, and EBS.
- A solid understanding of AWS compute solutions such as EC2, ElasticMapReduce, and instance fleets.
- 2+ years experience implementing solutions on AWS relational databases such as Amazon Redshift, RDS, and Aurora preferred.
- Experience implementing solutions leveraging AWS non-relational data solutions such as ElastiCache and DynamoDB.
- 5+ years experience designing and implementing analysis solutions on Hadoop-based platforms such as Amazon ElasticMapReduce, Cloudera Hadoop, or Hortonworks Data Platform preferred.
- AWS Cloud Practitioner, AWS Solutions Architect or AWS Big Data Certification preferred.
We offer challenging and impactful jobs with professional career paths. All CapTechers can keep their hands on technology no matter what position they hold. Our employees find their work exciting and rewarding in a culture filled with opportunities to have fun along the way.
At CapTech we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to:
· Competitive salary with performance based bonus opportunities
· Single and Family Health Insurance plans, including Dental coverage
· Short-Term and Long-Term disability
· Matching 401(k)
· Competitive Paid Time Off
· Training and Certification opportunities eligible for expense reimbursement
· Team building and social activities
· Mentor program to help you develop your career
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. for any employer directly (we are not open to contract or “corp to corp” agreements).
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer.
CapTech is a Drug-Free work place.
Candidates must have the ability to work at CapTech’s client locations.
All positions include the possibility of travel.
CapTech has not contracted/does not contract with any outside vendors in its recruitment process. If you are interested in this position, please apply to CapTech directly.
Back to top