CapTech is a team of master builders, creators, and problem solvers who help clients grow efficient, successful businesses. We unite diverse skills and perspectives to transform how data, systems, and ingenuity enable each client to advance what’s possible in a changing world.
As perceptive partners, our U.S-based consultants find inspiration in the unknown and enjoy getting our hands dirty solving our clients’ myriad of challenges. Across industries and business goals, we fuse technical depth and analytical prowess with creative savvy to move clients forward. This drive helps each organization use technology, management, and insight to turn ideas into action. Together, we create outcomes that exceed the expected — which is one of the reasons we’ve been on the Inc. 500/5000 list for over a decade.
Cloud Architects at CapTech are called upon to perform various responsibilities within CapTech’s Systems Integration practice area, usually in the context of a technology assessment, strategy formation, or a development project performed for a particular client. They often lead a team of developers and collaborate with experienced project managers, analysts, designers, and clients to architect and deliver vital internal and customer facing systems in partnership with a variety of Fortune 500 clients. Typically, CapTech Architects have a broad understanding of many tools, technologies, and products, with some specialization in a few areas. Over time these specialties may change due to industry transformation or a changing client profile, and as such, our architects have the opportunity to get hands-on experience with the latest technologies while working with passionate CapTechers solving complex problems across numerous industries.
Specific responsibilities for the Cloud Architect position include:
- Position yourself as a trusted advisor to CapTech clients.
- Oversee and set the technical direction of client projects, collaborating directly with client staff to define and adhere to architectural standards.
- Lead internal teams and act as a Service Offering liaison
- Design, implement, integrate, and support Cloud solutions
- Work closely with clients, subject matter experts and the CapTech team to understand requirements, establish priorities and project scope, and manage expectations and project delivery
- Define the technical and solution architecture for phased software development
- Provide hands-on technical direction to other developers to review code and resolve issues
- Create documents that specify strategy, assessment, or design in a way that delivers obvious value to the client and is understandable by any stakeholder
- Articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms, including a working knowledge of architectural frameworks that may be used by our clients.
- Apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for the client’s senior management team
- Collaborate with CapTech business development team members during sales efforts to demonstrate CapTech’s technical capabilities, create a vision for a solution that CapTech can build, and produce estimates and work plans
Specific qualifications for the Cloud Architect position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent degree and/or experience
- Cloud architecture experience utilizing AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Demonstrated software development experience over 7+ years with a broad range of development tools and technologies
- Ability to think strategically and relate architectural decisions/recommendations to business needs and client culture.
- Ability and desire to lead multiple technical project teams
- Ability to compromise and build consensus on architectural issues
- In-depth experience with some or all of these cloud concepts: Infrastructure as a Service, Serverless Architecture, Container Architecture, Platform as a Service, Storage, Infrastructure as Code, and Identity and Access Management.
- Knowledge of the concepts and tools required for effective software development including: Integrated Development Environments, Continuous Integration, Operating Systems (specifically UNIX/Linux), Test-driven Development, SDLC Methodologies including Waterfall, Scrum, XP, Kanban, and SAFe.
- Cloud Architecture Certifications recommended but not required.
- Extensive knowledge of the concepts and tools required for effective software development including: Integrated Development Environments, Continuous Integration, Operating Systems (specifically UNIX/Linux), Test-driven Development, SDLC Methodologies including Waterfall, Scrum, XP, Kanban, and SAFe.
We want everyone at CapTech to be able to envision a lasting and rewarding career here, which is why we offer a variety of career paths based on your skills and passions. You decide where and how you want to develop, and we help get you there with customizable career progression and a comprehensive benefits package to support you along the way. Alongside our suite of traditional benefits encompassing generous PTO, health coverage, disability insurance, paid family leave and more, we’ve launched extended benefits to help meet our employees’ needs.
- CapFlex – Employee-first mentality that supports a remote and hybrid workforce and empowers daily flexibility while servicing our clients
- Learning & Development – Programs offering certification and tuition support, digital on-demand learning courses, mentorship, and skill development paths
- Modern Health –A mental health and well-being platform that provides 1:1 care, group support sessions, and self-serve resources to support employees and their families through life’s ups and downs
- Carrot Fertility –Inclusive fertility and family-forming coverage for all paths to parenthood – including adoption, surrogacy, fertility treatments, pregnancy, and more – and opportunities for employer-sponsored funds to help pay for care
- Fringe –A company paid stipend program for personalized lifestyle benefits, allowing employees to choose benefits that matter most to them – ranging from vendors like Netflix, Spotify, and GrubHub to services like student loan repayment, travel, fitness, and more
- Employee Resource Groups – Employee-led committees that embrace and incorporate diversity and inclusion into our day-to-day operations
- Philanthropic Partnerships – Opportunities to engage in partnerships and pro-bono projects that support our communities.
- 401(k) Matching – Generous matching and no vesting period to help you continue to build financial wellness
CapTech is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a culture of equality, inclusion and fairness — each foundational to our core values. We strive to create a diverse environment where each employee is encouraged to bring their unique ideas, backgrounds and experiences to the workplace. For more information about our Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging efforts, click HERE.
At this time, CapTech cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.